The RETRO thread

Associate
Got Metal Gear working and amazingly it works fine with the XBox 360 controller right off the bat. The only bad thing is the resolution, it's at 1024 x 768 but somehow fits to widescreen but there's a black bar at the bottom of the screen. Still, can't wait to play it later today!

Really? I can't get my 360 controller to work with MGS :(

Associate
Now I feel like picking up an Amiga 500...
dukecigar.gif:original
I think I've still got a few original Amiga games somewhere..

PC Retro games I have lying around:

Bladerunner

I love you

Soldato
Really? I can't get my 360 controller to work with MGS :(

I have the USB one and it's plug and play, works perfect and i've mapped it so movement is with the analogue sticks.

I have MGS 1.0 by the way, don't know if that makes a difference but you should definitely give it another shot with a controller, it's a million times better than KB & mouse.

Soldato
With the wireless one you need to download the official drivers from MS and it should work just fine, I did this today installing MGS on my mates PC who has the same controller as you.

Installed the drivers, paired them up and after that it simply worked like plug and play and it worked fine on that. :confused:

You just have to gon into controles and bind the keys and it works like a charm, i'll post a screenshot later if you want.

Associate
I think I'm using the official MS drivers, it's an official controller and receiver, I installed the drivers off the cd that came with it, when I press the middle X button the battery meter comes up on the screen. When I try to bind the keys nothing happens when I press buttons on the controller.

I'll check for driver updates and try again.

I was having problems with the controller on saints row the third, it worked at first then stopped, that turned out to be a duplicate controller in device manager, deleted it and it works fine now, but still won't work in MGS :mad:

Edit: Just checked for driver updates, all up to date!

Last edited:
Associate
I have, or did have LBA, just the cd, no case or box or anything, I got it given because it had been abused and wouldn't read properly, I tried a good few times to install it back in the day but it wouldn't work, would get so far through then get a read error.

I found it again a couple of years ago and cd/dvd drives must be a whole lot better now, it read the cd no problem, wouldn't run right on modern hardware IIRC so I just left it, I am tempted to have a look for it now though, and make it work! I wouldn't mind playing it again.

Soldato
Both LBA games are on Good Old Games for $5.99 each :). They were offering both for $9.99 but they seem to have taken that away :confused:.

Both great games, two of my favourites in fact :D.

Associate
ive started my retro amiga collection last week.

in post- amiga 1200 with 7 games, midnight resistance, Robocop, amiga 4gb harddrive with whdload. 22 blank floppy disks.

own-jurasssic park a1200,alien breed 2 a1200, doom a1200, arcade pool a1200, relokick 1.4, xcopy pro, hackers tools, alien breed 3d 2 1200, gloom a1200.

want to get an accelerator card with extra ram and fpu in the next couple of months.

so many games I want to get as well :p

Last edited:
Associate
I have a collection of empty big boxes! Was in the parents attic and stumbled over my old games last christmas; opened 'em up and nearly all the discs are gone :eek::rolleyes: May stick the empties on Ebay :)

Still have Lemmings, Obitus and Pacific Islands on PC Floppy. I may have bought Obitus because it had a free T-shirt, the other 2 were good though!

Soldato
Rob Turbo when I go round his house later i'll post all the screenshots with binds and see what drivers he's using. Like I said he's using the wireless XBox controller and it works fine.

Associate
My big box collection, mostly in very good condition and some even have the original receipt in the box:

2zzqjaa.jpg

35n5u8g.jpg

35irjoy.jpg

ear1ns.jpg

a5wzn.jpg

30hn492.jpg

33e78qp.jpg

2wn2w42.jpg

Does anyone know if big box games are collectable and suitable place to sell them on?

There are currently two copies of Soldier Of Fortune on the bay, one has a price of £14.99 and the other £100 :confused::eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom