The Royals

Man of Honour
Oh yeah these days I'd expect an equivalent work to be something akin to a fully fortified manchester with glacis walls tens of miles thick

Walled towns used to be a thing, so that would be a pleasing mix of tradition and modern capabilities :)

Or we could partially cover a small monument with a pile of dirt and charge people £6.25 to walk up it. That would show that we're a world class country. I'm sure it would work just fine and make loads of money.

Man of Honour
There have been a few, failed AFAIK, attempts to crowd fund a full scale build of Minas Tirith i.e. https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...minas-tirith-lord-rings-england-10452158.html

Jonathan Wilson and his colleagues are “fully aware of the scale of [their] ambition,” and are seeking £1.85 billion for the project, which would be divided for land, labour and materials. [..] they only have 60 days to raise the funds and are currently on £471 [..]

Yeah, I think that plan failed :)

Soldato
Harry and Meghan have outdone themselves with their latest woke waffling.

I can't tell at this point if they are genuinely this pathetic and ignorant of their own hypocrisy or if they are just cynically exploitative.

Hmm. Can they be both?

I try not to be vindictive, but I am really looking forward to the US getting bored with them. Harry is making himself into a case study in self-serving pointlessness.

Caporegime
Walled towns used to be a thing, so that would be a pleasing mix of tradition and modern capabilities :)

Or we could partially cover a small monument with a pile of dirt and charge people £6.25 to walk up it. That would show that we're a world class country. I'm sure it would work just fine and make loads of money.

And with sea levels rising the walls may have a secondary use :p

Associate
I suppose a solution is to move them out to more modest accommodation and get them to complete timesheets for their work. They will receive a fair wage for their duties, say £15 p/h, but they get their accommodation for free.

This means the properties can be used as function rooms, visitor attractions and so on and we avoid the unpleasantries of Mme Guillotine, staving off the hand-wringers.

Soldato
Completely insulting

“After all, the publishers have even decided to release Finding Freedom Part Two on August 31 – the anniversary of Princess Diana's death.”

“Anyone who knows how all the behind-the-scenes dealing between journalists, royals and the Sussexes work, which I certainly do, knows that this book is published with the silent approval of Harry and Meghan.”

No way back for Harry ... or Harper Collins. who, apparently, are part of news corp, so that's Murdoch.

Soldato
prince needs a new script writer (like Boris) - pride ?

The duke said: “Next year, I know you are all looking forward to celebrating fifty years of independence – your Golden Anniversary.
“And with Jamaica celebrating 60 years of independence this year, and Belize celebrating 40 years of independence last year, I want to say this:
“We support with pride and respect your decisions about your future.
“Relationships evolve. Friendship endures.”

whole event doesn't seem to have much coverage on the tv news - BBC adjudged it was all too colonial.

Soldato
(brazen) Boris and princess nut nut attending Prince Philip memorial, not sure the Queen will forgive him
... Harry - can't afford the protection ?

Back
Top Bottom