• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Rumour Mill Thread

Associate
I've only seen articles dating the new cards to summer 2016 for both manufacturers.
In addition, if they are coming on summer/end of summer, they are both manufacturing the chips now. On every new card release so far i've seen chips dated back 6-9 months before the cards release.

Soldato
I've only seen articles dating the new cards to summer 2016 for both manufacturers.
In addition, if they are coming on summer/end of summer, they are both manufacturing the chips now. On every new card release so far i've seen chips dated back 6-9 months before the cards release.

That would be a very long time on Nvidia's part. They would never wait for end of summer. I'll put money on April at the earliest.

Permabanned
Late March, April 2016 we hope?
Nvidia?
AMDs rumoured to be September onwards.

If that's true and Nvidia throw 970 and 980 replacements out a few months earlier AMD's market share will continue to fall which isn't good.

Personally I don't believe we will get any massive gains because they will do what they did with the 900 from 700 and start by releasing mid-range cards with smallish performance increases and trickle stuff while waiting on AMD's next range before releasing the big chips.
Sure I get it the Titan X replacement will be a lot faster than the Titan X but you'll have to sit there for the best part of a year with slightly faster 1070 or 1080's results being rammed down your neck by every man on behalf of Nvidia.

Associate
Personally I don't believe we will get any massive gains because they will do what they did with the 900 from 700 and start by releasing mid-range cards with smallish performance increases and trickle stuff while waiting on AMD's next range before releasing the big chips.

Is this Tech not the BIG leap that will make medium range cards out perform the high-end cards of 2015??

Associate
No chance for March April release for AMD since they are still planning on releasing fury x2 January. So there is no way fury x2 would have life of 3-4 months as it would be ridiculed by next gen cards in perf/watt.

Associate
What about the rumored dual GM200?
Personally i think neither will release new cards before Q2.

If the rumored specs are true, the mid range will be about on par with the present high end ones. So yeah we need to wait for the new tech high end ones.

Associate
What about the rumored dual GM200?
Personally i think neither will release new cards before Q2.

If the rumored specs are true, the mid range will be about on par with the present high end ones. So yeah we need to wait for the new tech high end ones.

There was no indication of any further plans from nvidia regarding dual card. There is no need for them to do so as well, since people are happy with whatever nvidia is selling, there is no need for dual GPU.

On the other hand there was quite a few 'news' bits about fury x2 being delayed till next year. So i guess AMD is still serious on releasing it if there is any financial point of doing it.

I wouldn't rule out q2 release of some low end, mid end pipe cleaner GPUs, but only from nvidia, as AMD doesn't have any cash to play around.

bru

bru

Soldato
Didn't see it on the list on the first page, but the rumoured new card series with top to bottom HBM, is a bust as the Polaris one shown at CES was gddr5.

Soldato
Hm, it's just a tester but then again it is based off of a new chip which are all supposed to be HBM and you have to tape out with the memory controller the final thing is going to use... agree busted.

Back
Top Bottom