The same Panel?

Associate
Can someone please clarify the following

Looking at the Acer AL1922AS it has a PVA panel, Contrast 1000.1, 250cdm2 brightness and a response of 8ms. I can't find any review of this particular panel but the spec is the same as the Belinea 101920 (updated version) and the samsung SM970P (with the exception of 6ms).

Do these use the same panel? There is a big price difference between these with Acer @ £270 v Samsung @ £350 are you paying for the fancy stand?

The Acer seems to meet the spec I'm after (Games, Movies and photo's) but I'm hesitant as its my 1st lcd screen and want to make sure it a good screen. At £270 its just within budget unlike the Sammy

Help as always greatly appreciated.

Streaky

Man of Honour
Hi Streaky, welcome to OcUK :)

The Acer AL1922AS uses the 8ms PVA panel from Samsung (LTM190E4) which has been used in some other models, but not the Belinea 101920. The Samsung panel was also used in their own Samsung 193P+ and the BenQ FP91e most notably. This was basically an update from the previous 20ms version which was in the Samsung 193P and Dell 1905FP but with the application of their MagicSpeed (overdrive) control. However, while the response time has improved on paper and in advanced measurements, the real performance has not realy improved much since the 20ms versions, and is not really much more responsive. If you read at BeHardware, they state that there was not really any change in real application between the 20ms and 8ms version of this panel and the only real change came with the advent of the 6ms generation from Samsung (Samsung 970P etc )

On the other hand, the Belinea 101920 uses the same 8ms P-MVA panel as in the Viewsonic VP930 and is a much more responsive screen than the 8ms Samsung PVA offering. The Viewsonic is arguably one of the best all round screens in the market right now and AU Optronics (the panel manufacturer) have done an excellent job controlling the overdrive of the panel to improve responsiveness in real use.

Hope that helps clear things up :)

Back
Top Bottom