The Shiney Renamed Official Mario Kart 8 Thread of Officialness

Associate
Think I'm at around 3800 rating in Global/Regional and I find sometimes I'll get matched up with less experienced players and it'll be fairly easy to place high consistently.

Other times though I'll get matched with a group of much better players and it's brutal... and yeah everyone is more bunched up and it can get crazy lol.
There's been some races where the top 8-10 or so are all racing within 3-4 seconds of one another for nearly the entire race... fun times :D.

Soldato
OP
2 Million Copies of Mario Kart 8 Have Reportedly Been Sold

At Nintendo's 74th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders today, it was reported that Mario Kart 8 has sold 2 million copies worldwide in the month since its release.

This comes via Twitter user @NStyles, who is live tweeting the event. The tweet also mentions that Wii U hardware sales are generally "picking up."

If this is true, it's a stellar result for Nintendo. This is still unconfirmed, so we've reached out to the publisher for comment and we'll update this article when and if we hear official word.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/06/27/2-million-copies-of-mario-kart-8-have-reportedly-been-sold

Associate
After playing this with some friends who travelled down for a few days, I'm now all alone with MK8. Withdrawl!

Great game :)

Soldato
Mmm. Busted my balls to get 3 stars in all cups and all cc modes on the DS version.

You would've thought they would provide some kind of reward for getting 3 stars on each at least?

Soldato
Online is utterly brilliant - it's just so bloody enjoyable and satisfying when you come 1st 2nd or 3rd.

I am however a guaranteed loser when there's first corner chaos - I just always seem to come off worse. I think I understand now why some people get the high acceleration bikes/karts - you can pull away from trouble at the start with those - whilst everyone is getting tangled up you're offski, also first to the item boxes as well.

I'm playing mostly with DK on the bikes atm.

Man of Honour
Online is utterly brilliant - it's just so bloody enjoyable and satisfying when you come 1st 2nd or 3rd.

I am however a guaranteed loser when there's first corner chaos - I just always seem to come off worse. I think I understand now why some people get the high acceleration bikes/karts - you can pull away from trouble at the start with those - whilst everyone is getting tangled up you're offski, also first to the item boxes as well.

I'm playing mostly with DK on the bikes atm.

You want a high turbo (a hidden stat) to get away from first corner trouble, not acceleration.

Soldato
You want a high turbo (a hidden stat) to get away from first corner trouble, not acceleration.

Gotcha - yes I've noticed some get massive boosts off the line, need to experiment.

Then again - if you're out in front right from the off then let's face it - you're just going to get shelled. :p

Man of Honour
Associate
Mario Kart 8 Patch - August 27th

First patch/update is due out in a few weeks time (Aug 27th). For those that missed the news the main points are:

• Option to put Course Map on TV / main screen
  • Records / Stats screen added - shows Total Coins, Online win/loss count, characters used etc
  • Usability Improvements - e.g. Default kart selection remembers the last kart/parts you used.
  • Improvements to online stability

And some new karts!...

The Silver Arrow looks great!.
Bowser sitting in the GLA... lol :D

Soldato
I love Mario Kart with a passion but I haven't touched this since completing the 50, 100 and 150cc cups. With how hard and long it took me to do the 150cc, the Reverse cup has scared me!

Back
Top Bottom