The Social Gathering / Gaming Thread [A place to organize meet-ups]

Soldato
Tried all that, thanks

Don't worry i got new ram coming to help eliminate problem

You know that DDR 5 memory has to be "trained" It can take ten minutes when you first install it.

What motherboard and memory did you get? The exact make and model of motherboard please?

Underboss
OP
You know that DDR 5 memory has to be "trained" It can take ten minutes when you first install it.

What motherboard and memory did you get? The exact make and model of motherboard please?

I've never heard of this
That should be in the manual

I've got

Asus rog strix x670E-F gaining WiFi
Corsair vengeance ddr5 expo, 6000 , 32gb dual kit

Soldato
This is why I always test the components outside the case before fitting inside the case.

Saved me a lot of hassle the other day upgrading my daughter's PC as it turned out the supplied thermal paste with the cooler was terrible, and was causing 95 degree temps under stress test.
Removed the cooler, cleaned and repasted the CPU with Thermal Grizzly and refitted the cooler and now it's 82 degrees max, which is ok for a cheap air cooler.

Darn sight easier removing, repasting and refitting a cooler outside the case!

I also ran a memtest before fitting the MB.

Saves so much hassle to check for failed components before starting the build proper.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's actually a good idea to have a copy of Walkabout on your Pico as you can then use that for local MP. I had to buy a second copy of Walkabout as I had three headsets and you can only game share on Meta between 2. Good thing Meta now allows you to have multiple accounts.

Soldato
I've never heard of this
That should be in the manual

I've got

Asus rog strix x670E-F gaining WiFi
Corsair vengeance ddr5 expo, 6000 , 32gb dual kit

Sorry, forgot to ask, can you tell me exactly what is happening? Is it just not booting or is it beeping when you try to start? Can you get into the bios on startup? Does it display anything?

Yeah, DDR5 memory sometimes has to be trained. It can take ten minutes or sometimes more before the computer boots up the first time. And if you make a change, it has to be retrained. When you have it "trained" it still needs partial retraining each time you boot up. There is a way to turn this off, but, it's not recommended.

So if your computer seems to be doing nothing when you start it, it might just be training the memory. If you interrupt it before it's finished it will start from the beginning again next time.

Back
Top Bottom