****The Sony RX100 Series Owners and Tips Thread****

Man of Honour
I got away with the blur on a lot of the pics but it killed most of the panoramas I took :( -

There's nothing on the exterior so it may have to go back to Sony I guess.

I don't think there's a red filter available for the Meikon but setting the WB was easy enough.
Just go to Custom Setup in the WB menu and focus on a diving tablet, some coral or sand when underwater and I found that somewhere in the region of 8500-9500k was good for the depth I was in then I added a bit of magenta in the further custom option, somewhere around A6/M5 seemed to work ok.
These are before and after shots, there are other differences of course but you get the idea -

Man of Honour
Nice underwater pictures but shame about the blob. It can be taken out with Photoshop. Looks like something on the lens or sensor so it does look like a Sony job.

Soldato
Anyone recommend a case please?

Don't like the leather sony case with the moulded bit for the lens just want a generic small pouch

Associate
I have the M2, great little camera and perfect for taking on trips. Few samples from mine..

_DSC0745_zpsb3batdlf.jpg

_DSC0817_zpssdu0cumk.jpg

_DSC1496_zpsvtdmd2o5.jpg

_DSC1748_zpssw5d3c8t.jpg

_DSC1511_zpsafhp4kys.jpg

The Mrs used it to snap me at Donington last year and didn't fair to bad!

_DSC1558_zpsabvtkwsn.jpg

Underboss
Awesome thread idea :D

I love my MK1 (cheapo 2nd hand from eBay) and sold the LX100 with no regrets at all

After a recent thread around the quite frankly crap strap which comes with the camera i bough some 5mm split rings and used them to allow me to attach my Peak Design quick release toggles:

going back to my thread (sort of)
because I broke one side off, and I want o make sure I get another strap before Holiday in 2 weeks, that will tighten up (like a tether?) rather than the silly sony strap that comes with it that can easily slip off your wrist

recommend me a wrist strap that's better than the supplied one (RX100 MK1)

thanks

Underboss
Opps, didn't see this, yes the Peak Design tightens up like a tether

I have a peak designs sling for my SLR
but I heard that the peak designs one (for the wrist) doesn't fit the sony ?

well, I may as well order those split rings, and do it the same way as you, I was hoping to go without the rings

im going abroad in a weeks time, so it must be done before I go lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom