The substance

Well that's two and a half hours I'll never get back. Great acting, but could have been so much better. The message the director wanted to get across wasn't lost on me, but as someone else said, the last 30mins was just daft.

My understanding was that the entire thing was all in the mind and nothing physical was happening at all....as

when the older self became super old for the first time, she couldn't walk, yet after the 3 month spell and becoming even older she somehow managed to run to the warehouse for the termination package?

as well as...

the whole silly monster act was just her view of herself, she thought the audience wanted to kill her, but I think that too was in her mind

Unless it was a sci-fi horror of course, then reality goes out the window

Last edited:
The lift scene at the end “borrows” heavily from The Fly, and it’s that sort of body shock that makes me boak, the bit with the nail in particular.

Also leans heavily on 2001 of all films with the body switching and then obviously the music choice at the very end. The soundtrack in general I thought was fantastic.

I thought it was a fantastic film overall, both leads are great, it looks amazing particularly the early scenes with Sue (Diet Coke scene lol), giving this idea of youthful beauty perfection.
It also leaned HEAVILY into ASMR, making scenes even more unnerving.

Ending was a bit lol, but I didn't really mind, I feel the ridiculousness was kinda the point.

Actually enjoyed most of it. As someone else said could have been doing without the last 20 mins.

The woman that played sue is pretty stunning. It took me a while to realise it but she is the actress that played Mama in Death Stranding. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom