The term Social Influencer is starting to get truly annoying!

Associate
Does anyone just make or do stuff for a living, any more?

Not really, luckily it is brutally competitive world for these influencers. If they stop posting for a couple of days, a newer, younger loudmouth will be along to replace them. Then what are all the ex influencers going to do? We haven’t seen this yet but it will come.

Don
Not really, luckily it is brutally competitive world for these influencers. If they stop posting for a couple of days, a newer, younger loudmouth will be along to replace them. Then what are all the ex influencers going to do? We haven’t seen this yet but it will come.
In a lot of cases it will involve suicide.

Soldato
Unfortunately, it seems like a very effective form of advertising so I think we're stuck with "social influencers" for the foreseeable.

PS.

Typing this post with an Nvidia RTX powered PC was such a good experience. Nvidia - ride the winds of change.

Soldato
OP
Crazy that it's now crept into Politics , not sure if that shows how powerful it is or just how desperate politicians are in trying anything to sway votes.

They seem to be spending a lot of money on it...

Soldato
Social influencers, a self appointed title used by people to freeload on hotel stays, trips abroad and getting free stuff because you might post something about it on IG.
Actually, I'd say it is one of the only few job titles these days that actually describes what the person does. I've seen first hand how social media can affect traffic/downloads/installs of things if done well, so done correctly it is not a job without merit.

Soldato
OP
June 20, 2019

https://globalnews.ca/news/5413521/elections-canada-influencer-campaign/

Elections Canada had already paid the social media “influencers” it planned to use to encourage voter registrations ahead of the fall election prior to cancelling the campaign.

A spokesperson for the agency confirmed to Global News that it already gave out at least some of the $650,000 set aside to get the 13 influencers — musicians, athletes and YouTube stars among them — to feature in a promotional campaign aimed at increasing voter registration.

There's a recent example of Politics ready to throw big money at influencers....

Caporegime
It’s the ones with just a couple of hundred followers telling you how much exposure they can give you in return for a bunch of free stuff that crack me up.

You got any examples of that?

I’ve seen a post about one with 10,000 or so followers trying it on. But a couple of hundred is deluded to the extreme!

Soldato
10,000 is still a bit meh. That isn't a lot of people really and these kind of people probably use those companies which sell followers/likes :p

Back
Top Bottom