• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Lol its already made it to the media.

“We have had a private conversation with AMD. They assured us that in 4 to 8 weeks there will be AIB cards available at MSRP. They said they enabled the AIBs to achieve the 649 dollars [RX 6800 XT] MSRP and they expect that to happen within 8 weeks.”
– Steve Walton, Hardware Unboxed

Soldato
Lol its already made it to the media.
“We have had a private conversation with AMD. They assured us that in 4 to 8 weeks there will be AIB cards available at MSRP. They said they enabled the AIBs to achieve the 649 dollars [RX 6800 XT] MSRP and they expect that to happen within 8 weeks.”
– Steve Walton, Hardware Unboxed

How nice of them to cut their profits so the AIB and retailer could actually hit MSRP and make a normal profit at the same time :p

Soldato
How nice of them to cut their profits so the AIB and retailer could actually hit MSRP and make a normal profit at the same time :p
Well they aren't like Nvidia. But they are also complaining capacity constraint issues into 2021. Yet they're only selling gpus. And there are a major buyer on Samsung 8nm. That's not adding up. Looks like they got more dies they're creating for miners. ROFL

And didn't jacketman talk about a mining boom back 2-3 months ago.
:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Nvidia would never do that. Let's see the apologists claim otherwise.
They won't, can't. Some will continue to create a strawman and deny that they did it. While remaining triggered, lol.

Didn't Nvidia get sued by investors for hiding their crypto mining profits as gaming earlier this year. (Quick Google check) Lol they did.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
3080 supply issues are intentional. They are shifting the 3080 to GA103 so that 3080 Ti gets all the GA102 when it launches in January. Not only does it lower costs for NVIDIA, some frustrated buyers are also migrating to 3090 in the meantime further increasing NVIDIA’s profit margins. IMHO, the high supply of 3090 and low supply of 3080 is a trap by NVIDIA as the 3080 Ti is on the way with the best of both the worlds.

..and the Ti is not going to be as cheap as people think it is. Expect same demand for people piling to get one initially so AIB flavours easily breaking a grand upwards.

Associate
..and the Ti is not going to be as cheap as people think it is. Expect same demand for people piling to get one initially so AIB flavours easily breaking a grand upwards.
Not to mention that high % of people will simply feel tricked and might swap to team red purposely since their cards seem to be more than competitive (assuming supply will be there)

Soldato
Interesting limit on the clockspeed at 2800.

Obviously there's a risk of a lower part making the halo part (6900) look bad but the clock speed limit isn't achievable by a normal computer user, the only people who can run into it are exotic cooling benchmarkers.

Why bother stopping such a tiny niche from pushing it higher.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Obviously there's a risk of a lower part making the halo part (6900) look bad but the clock speed limit isn't achievable by a normal computer user, the only people who can run into it are exotic cooling benchmarkers.

Be interesting to see if they take the brakes off the 6900XT or if it still has the same bios limitations.

Soldato

Its always been like that though. On air with my 5700xt I get in game 2120mhz or so set to its max of 2150mhz. I know I could get closer if not 2150mhz if they offered a waterblock.

But sapphire hasn't offered a waterblock for their skus in years. I wish that would change.

That is why I want to see what the ek kit will offer for the reference 6800xt. Because its possible to sustain a lock frequency. Or close to it under wc using msi afterburner. Using an zen 3 setup.

It amazes me some think it won't matter because its clear they never wc before. Just like the empty barrels they are. All noise no substance. Rofl
:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Any word on how a 6700XT would compare to a 6800XT? Still undecided on which I should be aiming for.
Although, After a few drinks last night, The other half said if I need to spend more cash in buying myself stuff I enjoy so she sees no issue on spending 1k+ on PC parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom