***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Associate
I use fasttech/gearbest pretty much exclusively for my tanks and mods. Never had a problem with them getting through customs. If it's in stock when you order looking at a 7-10 day turnaround, roughly. If it's etd is 3 days, then that can keep changing and getting pushed back, only happened once, and had my tank in a month of ordering.

Soldato
I use fasttech/gearbest pretty much exclusively for my tanks and mods. Never had a problem with them getting through customs. If it's in stock when you order looking at a 7-10 day turnaround, roughly. If it's etd is 3 days, then that can keep changing and getting pushed back, only happened once, and had my tank in a month of ordering.

Same, I'm sure customs are keeping an eye out for more important contraband then tanks exceeding 2ml :p

That said the law is utterly pointless when one can sell a 2ml tank with extensions/tubes for the same device amounting to any capacity.

Caporegime
Huge fasttech user here as well, any be beaten for price and speed of delivery. Usually I order things and it’s here in my hand within a week.

Just got a shipping confirmation that my new dead rabbit sq rda is on its way. Can’t wait to get it as I’m a single coil vaper all the way. Even on my original dead rabbit rda I’m running it in a single coil on my rsq squonk mod. It’s not bad but honestly the dead rabbit rda is more of a dual coil rda.

Absolutely loving the hotcig rsq mod, highly recommended if you can get your hands on one.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Been using Fasttech since around 2013 for my vape stuff and I've never had an issue. Never had to pay any extra fees once it's landed in the UK too.

UK EMS Express Post as your delivery method. Provided it's in stock you'll have it on your door in anywhere between 5-9 days. 5 days was my quickest iirc.

Associate
I use Gearbest, been great for me on vape stuff. Last lot ordered on 28th of December and arrived today, 7 days.

Finally moving off my Smok Big Baby Beast tanks, love them (with x4 coils) but prefer the Crown 3 build and press fit coils. Now I've got the 0.4 coils the flavour is much better, saw on Reddit people raving about them.

Sits nice on my Therion 75c.

1693yhw.jpg

Soldato
Gearbest have Crown 3 tanks for £16 or £14 if you don't mind the mystery bag and random colour. 5ml version. Providing it's a sub ohm kind of tank you're looking for.

Thanks but no it'll be an MTL tank that takes prebuilt coils. Was looking for the Innokin Zenith non-TPD version but they dont seem to have it on FastTech yet.

I've got a Smok Spiral's for DTL and even though its TPD its very very efficient which I always find strange!

Soldato
Has anyone bought any non-TPD compliant tanks from abroad with success? Absolutely board to death of having to fill so many times a day and carrying Juice around. If so what site and what exactly are the rules? Can tanks with more than 2ML capacity just not be sold by a UK vendor or are they just outright banned?
There are plenty of great UK based vendors which sell 4ml + tanks which I use. Good to support the UK economy and not just China's :)

Associate
there are ways around the TPD laws anyway

like if you buy it as a rebuildable tank, it comes as a kit... so it's not legally being sold above 2ml... thats how i bought my 38ml Titan tank in london :D

Caporegime
There are plenty of great UK based vendors which sell 4ml + tanks which I use. Good to support the UK economy and not just China's :)
I have no issue supporting the U.K. vendors but let’s be bloody honest, I can get a tank that costs almost £30 here for around £20 from China. So if I can make some savings then why not??
Hell my smok majesty mod I’ve seen for about £60 cheapest but I picked it up from fasttech for about £40 lol.

U.K. is a rip off for pretty much everything these days.

Soldato
I have no issue supporting the U.K. vendors but let’s be bloody honest, I can get a tank that costs almost £30 here for around £20 from China. So if I can make some savings then why not??
Hell my smok majesty mod I’ve seen for about £60 cheapest but I picked it up from fasttech for about £40 lol.

The odd tank I'll get UK based if its under a tenner difference and I want it now, but the price difference in mods is a joke when I can get a £60 mod from china for under £30.

Soldato

Agreed - not having a go at anyone using fasttech etc
Was just pointing out that there are plenty of places in the UK which sell 4ml plus tanks - you don't have to order from overseas if you don't want to.

Soldato
Blitzen arrived, it's got the same horrible residue taste the Zeus had, so it's getting steeped.

It's not as ugly in the flesh as I thought it would be with the bubble glass on.

Thanks but no it'll be an MTL tank that takes prebuilt coils. Was looking for the Innokin Zenith non-TPD version but they dont seem to have it on FastTech yet.

I've got a Smok Spiral's for DTL and even though its TPD its very very efficient which I always find strange!

FT sells the 4ml Spiral, one of the best mtl tanks out there imo, if you get one, let me know if they still come with the rba.:)

I use Gearbest, been great for me on vape stuff. Last lot ordered on 28th of December and arrived today, 7 days.
Hardly ever use GB anymore, 2nd last purchase took about 6 weeks, bought a Drop on 2nd December and it's nowhere to be seen, even the tracking says it's still with GB, while GB keep pointing me at the tracking link that says it's still at GB.

The odd tank I'll get UK based if its under a tenner difference and I want it now, but the price difference in mods is a joke when I can get a £60 mod from china for under £30.

More or less the same, Zeus and Blitzen was bought here, most other stuff came from FT, delivery time is about a week.

Soldato
FT sells the 4ml Spiral, one of the best mtl tanks out there imo, if you get one, let me know if they still come with the rba.:)

Interesting thanks I'll have a look. Not used the RBA that comes with my current version its still in the box is it good for MTL? I find the stock coils terrible for MTL but a nice restricted DTL draw for me. What coil and wattage do use for MTL with a Spiral?

Where are these UK places that sell 4ml tanks? Cant find any

Soldato
Doubt you'll find a 4ml spiral in the UK, Fastech have the 4ml one, if you use UK express postage, you should have it in a week.

It's got good flavour on stock coils, rba is a step up again on flavour, I don't use Smok coils(out of 15, only 3 didn't burn out so I only use the rba), 24ga kanthal 25mm 5 wrap works out usually about 0.7ohm.

Tried Clapton's, twisted too but for me normal kanthal wire is best on the Spiral.

It's very very fidgety/frustrating at first as the decks tiny, but once you master it, it's very easy to build and wick from then on in.

Don't ram masses of cotton in the wick hole, it'll dump the juice out the air holes, less is best with the Spiral.

Soldato
Thanks for the info appreciate it, I've only bought one pack of coils so far and there has been one dud already and two unopened. Same issue with the Smok Brit Mini tank when I had that, loads of dud coils. My Innokin tanks coils are always fine.

I might try the RBA at some point but what you said about the wire etc makes me go cross eyed so much more reading required on my part.

Soldato
I might try the RBA at some point but what you said about the wire etc makes me go cross eyed so much more reading required on my part.

It's simpler than you think, 1 pack of 24ga kanthal wire, 5 loops on a 25mm bit, you maybe have a drill bit that thick or a torx screwdriver, a pair of pliers to pull the legs tight and that's about all you need really to make a coil.

Can sound hard but it's really really simple when you get the hang of it, loads of vids on YouTube on how to coil and wick, there's a few Spirals reviews that shows how to build the rba too.

Took me a good few goes before I got it right, but ~£3 for a spool of wire, you've got loads to practice on.:)

Back
Top Bottom