***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Right, whats the deal with temperature sensing coils.
I bought some, they do regulate the temperature but there is next to no flavour coming through.
Tried the Ti kanger coils in my subtank and Ti coils in the Melo. Both the same.
Are they just no good?

Depends on a number of things.

1/. Mode - You have to select the right mode for Ni, Ti or SS. This is very important!!
2/. Locking resistance - You have to do this before you fire the coil, while it's still at room temperature.
3/. Wattage - You set the initial ramp-up in watts, which defines how quickly it fires and, in some cases, how hot the initial firing is.
4/. Temperature - Most people start at 230ºC and increase from there.
5/. Coil metal - Ni or Ti. Most seem to prefer Ni, but some are Ti fans. Stainless Steel (SS316) is the newer one and can be used in either TC or VW mode. All depends on you.
6/. Juice - Some just don't taste as good on anything but regular kanthal builds. Dessert and fruit flavours seem to work better with hot coils (kanthal on an RDA stylee), whereas TC is all about keeping it pretty cool.

Personally I hate TC.
I vaped Ni mostly but Ti too, both up to 310ºC and never got a satisfactory vape. SS is pretty good on my Cubis tank, but I CBA with all the TC stuff.

That said, I generally find Kanger products suck anyways.

There's a rugby stadium getting renamed after a vaping company now: Guardian link. Madness.

Yeah, that company likes renaming and claiming stuff... Whole string of Joyetech and eLeaf products get rebranded under their banner, despite being the exact same kit. They're more of a reseller than anything else now, where it's all about the brand name... and their liquids, one of the few things they actually make, all taste of chemical crud and artificial flavouring.

IIRC, they actually shouted down other TPD challengers, because they wanted THEIR campaign to be THE one addressed... !! :rolleyes:

Depends on a number of things.

1/. Mode - You have to select the right mode for Ni, Ti or SS. This is very important!!
2/. Locking resistance - You have to do this before you fire the coil, while it's still at room temperature.
3/. Wattage - You set the initial ramp-up in watts, which defines how quickly it fires and, in some cases, how hot the initial firing is.
4/. Temperature - Most people start at 230ºC and increase from there.
5/. Coil metal - Ni or Ti. Most seem to prefer Ni, but some are Ti fans. Stainless Steel (SS316) is the newer one and can be used in either TC or VW mode. All depends on you.
6/. Juice - Some just don't taste as good on anything but regular kanthal builds. Dessert and fruit flavours seem to work better with hot coils (kanthal on an RDA stylee), whereas TC is all about keeping it pretty cool.

Personally I hate TC.
I vaped Ni mostly but Ti too, both up to 310ºC and never got a satisfactory vape. SS is pretty good on my Cubis tank, but I CBA with all the TC stuff.

That said, I generally find Kanger products suck anyways.

Its the other tank and coils too, not just Kanger. :)

Wont be bothering with TC again.

How much cheaper is it to make your own coils and e-liquid?

I think I'm spending around £12 on coils a month and around £55 on e-liquids.
I tend to go for the Herbal Tides Berry Fruits (which is epic!) which sets me back around £12.50 for 30ml and lasts around 2/3 days.

Debating how much be saved or not going DIY...

Very much cheaper. Even if you buy concentrates of your favourite flavours.
For example; to re-coil one of my atties I need 20cm of 26/32 316SS clapton wire at £10 for 10M (so about 20p), some Muji cotton (£2 for more than you will ever need in years and years), and a Coilmaster tool (no strictly needed but makes things easy).
Then, to make 150ml of my favourite T-Juice Red Astaire it's 30ml of concentrate (£10) and around 7ml of 72mg nic solution (£11 for 100ml so about 70p) and some VG and PG base (pennies).

That is a lot cheaper than buying off-the-shelf liquids.

Its the other tank and coils too, not just Kanger. :)
Wont be bothering with TC again.
No worries - I gave up for that reason, too!

How much cheaper is it to make your own coils and e-liquid?
10m coil of wire cost me £4.
Pack of 5 cotton pads by Youde cost me 50p.
I bought an RDA and an RDTA about a year ago, rewick both 3mm twin-coil builds every 2 weeks, have only needed 3 packs of cotton so far and am still using the first reel of wire.
So that's, what, £5.50 for about a year of vaping...

I think I'm spending around £12 on coils a month and around £55 on e-liquids.
£12 a month is a little harsh... I use one Cleito coil a month and my Cubis coils last me about 10-14 days each. Both come in packs of 5 for under £15....

Might be your juice is gunking the coils up too quickly.

Hmm, I've been eyeing up the Plato for a while. Might bag one if you think it's good.

I've been eying them for a while, missed out on a few second hand ones when it was still expensive but for 31.50 with free delivery it's worth having one around.

Large tank
Takes nautilus; which I have a few due to having a nautilus mini and silo, triton and a different shaped ceito coils.
Removable 18650
leak proof

Not many negitives, I've not tried the ceito type coil yet so I can't comment on air flow on that but I don't like it too airly anyway. It feels odd have such a skinny c-frame in the hand, as from the shape I'm used to the thickness and weight of zeros, black roses and such.

I like it, for the price if I only use it a few times a year.. on away trips nights out, it saves me carrying a mod and tank about. Also the plan is when I do go away to take that, a clieto, a nautilus/silo and just one other mod.. so all the coils are exchangable.

For the price... I'm tempted to get another one for "clouds" setup but it's a shame that I can't use clieto coils and there's no rebuild kit(s) for it as it's the first factory coil I've used in over a year.

I've been eying them for a while, missed out on a few second hand ones when it was still expensive but for 31.50 with free delivery it's worth having one around.

Large tank
Takes nautilus; which I have a few due to having a nautilus mini and silo, triton and a different shaped ceito coils.
Removable 18650
leak proof

Not many negitives, I've not tried the ceito type coil yet so I can't comment on air flow on that but I don't like it too airly anyway. It feels odd have such a skinny c-frame in the hand, as from the shape I'm used to the thickness and weight of zeros, black roses and such.

I like it, for the price if I only use it a few times a year.. on away trips nights out, it saves me carrying a mod and tank about. Also the plan is when I do go away to take that, a clieto, a nautilus/silo and just one other mod.. so all the coils are exchangable.

For the price... I'm tempted to get another one for "clouds" setup but it's a shame that I can't use clieto coils and there's no rebuild kit(s) for it as it's the first factory coil I've used in over a year.

I could be going mad, but I'm pretty sure there is an RBA section you can buy for the clieto. I've never owned one but I'm sure there was talk of one on FB somewhere!

I could be going mad, but I'm pretty sure there is an RBA section you can buy for the clieto. I've never owned one but I'm sure there was talk of one on FB somewhere!

Yeah there is a RBA for the Clieto, I have it... but it won't fit inside the plato.. the plato clouds coil is same thickness as the clieto factory coils but the plato ones are longer and have a tube neck to the top... you see what I mean once you see one of each.

Yeah there is a RBA for the Clieto, I have it... but it won't fit inside the plato.. the plato clouds coil is same thickness as the clieto factory coils but the plato ones are longer and have a tube neck to the top... you see what I mean once you see one of each.

That's my bad, had a complete brain fart :p

Currently rocking a Smok Alien with a new wood and metal mouthpiece because the old one fell out and I lost it when in a hurry...
Curious if there is any better coils than stock to increase smoke amount? What is also the most important factor in this? Bit of a newbie, albeit learning the ins and outs quickly, just thought id ask if there was a way to up my cloud thickness and amount really

Currently rocking a Smok Alien with a new wood and metal mouthpiece because the old one fell out and I lost it when in a hurry...
Curious if there is any better coils than stock to increase smoke amount? What is also the most important factor in this? Bit of a newbie, albeit learning the ins and outs quickly, just thought id ask if there was a way to up my cloud thickness and amount really

thats the tfv8 baby beast isn't it? you could try the regular v8 on it, it'll be pretty much top end before you start getting into dripping/building your own coils.

they do multiple different varietys so you can try them out and see, personally i'm a q4 man but the octo head one is pretty good too once its had a few tankfuls to bed in.

the key thing is to start gentle, don't nuke it at 100w from fresh, start low and work your way up, after a good few tanks you'll have it chucking like a champ.

if a standard tfv8 isn't enough for you then it's pretty much either drippers, or something like a vcmt (which is hard to build right on)

Well, just finished furnishing the vcmt/ad hoc dripper with 2*5 wraps of fused 22/28 clapton 4mm id.

Not sure whats more worrying, the fact it took 200w and several mod overheats to temper it, the 130w breaking in nicotine headache, or the fact it looks tiny in there :eek:

I am looking at the new Vaporesso castor 3ml RTA and the Veco tank but they are too new and was wondering if there are any owners of the ccell coils that can give feed back on the flavours they vape?

You must be getting crap flavours mate, Razzleberry and Taste the rainbow taste class

Worst 2 flavours I tried! Razzleberry was weak and tasteless (Jackamoo's Blue Slush is miles better) and TTR was overly strong and acidic( gave it away and the guy I gave it to still has it!).
I have a bottle of 12 month old Vanilla Custard which is fairly nice though.
Don't get me wrong, taste is subjective and I got through maybe 20 bottles if their stuff, but found juices with more/better flavour for not much more money.

Edit: I notice they have some new flavours too, si I may give them another chance (been 9 months since I ordered any).

Last edited:
generic 5ml nautilus clone arrived today from fast tech
in a clever, but not quite perfect aspire box. Top hardware not polished (may not even be SS). Came with aspire scratch code

The security code (84495219968514144584) you searched has been used.

This security code has been checked 9189 times on Aspire website, and be ware of imitations.

Back
Top Bottom