The Viewsonic 20” VX2022W information thread...

Caporegime
I can see LOTS of people waiting for this monitor but can find little information of concrete nature, only this post from the other thread:

Viewsonic 20” VX2022W Resolution:
1680 x 1050 Response Time:
3ms (GTG)
Contrast Ratio: 800:1
Brightness: 300cd/m2 RRP:
UK Price: ~ £375 EST Availability:
February 2006

So can anyone add to this? Any real news on it? Is it going to happen? :confused:

Caporegime
OP
The VA2012 is a TN panel too, seems silly for them to charge a pemium for it. May as well buy the Acer 20.1" widescreen, much better value.

What panel is the 3ms Viewsonic reported to be?

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Is this screen even coming anymore ? :confused:
The VX2025wm is listed on their site, but not this screen.

Man of Honour
Richdog said:
The VA2012 is a TN panel too, seems silly for them to charge a pemium for it. May as well buy the Acer 20.1" widescreen, much better value.

What panel is the 3ms Viewsonic reported to be?

with a response time like that, it is going to be a TN panel, like theyve done with some other new 20" models

Caporegime
OP
Baddass said:
with a response time like that, it is going to be a TN panel, like theyve done with some other new 20" models

You're kidding me... I thought it was meant to be one of the newer ones on overdrive? :eek:

And the 800:1 contrast ratio etc, isn't that a bit high for a TN panel? :confused:

Man of Honour
Richdog said:
You're kidding me... I thought it was meant to be one of the newer ones on overdrive? :eek:

And the 800:1 contrast ratio etc, isn't that a bit high for a TN panel? :confused:

actually, yes i am! damn, my mistake i wasnt thinking at all. I've already talked about this monitor as well before in this WS monitors thread! My apologies

It is indeed supposed to be using a 3ms G2G P-MVA panel which afaik will be from AU optronics. However, until this model is released i would not hold too much confidence in the listed spec. 3ms would be a hell of an decrease since there are only 8ms G2G P-MVA panels at the moment. We will see, AUO also dont have this listed in the panel components yet.

Caporegime
OP
*clutches heart*

Was nearly a goner there baddass you er... baddass.:D

I think I will wait for it as I do think it will be a bit more responsive than the Belinea, and looks a lot better.

You just know price will be a tad astronomical... :(

Associate
I really do hope they hurry up and release some information on the website about the VX2022W. The only concrete info we have is that it is due out in March....

Back
Top Bottom