The Watcher | Netflix

Soldato

October 13th release.

After the Brannock family moves into what was supposed to be their suburban dream home, it quickly becomes a living hell. Ominous letters from someone calling themself “The Watcher” are just the beginning as the neighborhood’s sinister secrets come spilling out. Inspired by the true story of the infamous “Watcher” house in New Jersey.

Man of Honour
Sadly yet another show where they have no idea where to take the premise and after a promising build up they don't know how to end it...

Soldato
Just finished this, it's plot is a bit shallow but we enjoyed it. It felt a little like it was trying to be a black comedy to me but missed the mark slightly.

The ending was a mixed bag, initially after Theodore's bit we we're a bit disappointed but then at the actual end, and after thinking about it, I thought they did a reasonable job of replicating the actual watcher case by basically not resolving anything.

So err yeah, 7 episodes, pretty lighthearted, definitely didn't take itself too seriously, enjoyed It.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I thought they did a reasonable job of replicating the actual watcher case by basically not resolving anything.

Overall though it is only loosely based on the real events with lots of invented elements - so they could have come up with something more imaginative for the ending - though I kind of got where they went with the ending given all the extra elements used to build it up it is kind of a limp/cheap way to finish it.

Soldato
Overall though it is only loosely based on the real events with lots of invented elements - so they could have come up with something more imaginative for the ending - though I kind of got where they went with the ending given all the extra elements used to build it up it is kind of a limp/cheap way to finish it.
Yeah the real case, whilst odd would have made a pretty dull series lol.

The only thing that bothered me about the ending was;

the bit where the dark figure appears from the stair winders. The basement stairs were directly under them so there would be no where someone could hide in there at all. What was that meant to be?

Soldato
I'm at about episode 5, I think it's ****.

As mentioned above, just not sure if this is supposed to be serious, or a comedy/satire or what, seems to miss the mark on either.

Similar to that movie "Don't look up", maybe it's me not getting the style of humour?

Back
Top Bottom