The WaveVR Live: Imogen Heap

Soldato
In a first for the WaveVR a more friendly European slot live show!

The blurb from the oculus promotion: https://www.oculus.com/blog/tune-into-the-future-imogen-heap-debuts-concert-in-thewavevr-on-rift/

Not sure her music appeals to me personally, but watching an interview slot with herself and the guys at the Wave, they all seem well in to it. If nothing else the live show will be fairly spectacular and worth turning up for.

7pm tonight BST Expect the servers to be tripping over themselves.

Associate
Looks pretty cool, will have to get on and check it out tonight. The Glitch Mob event was pretty well done apart from some more annoying light flashes.

Soldato
OP
Worked out fairly well.

The three tracks were a bit of a mixed bag, two slow songs and a well paced track In the middle. Of the three songs the second with the combination of the light show was by far the most appealing.

It was the social aspect that stood out though, every one of us that were in the Imogen show jumped in to the glitch mob together. More impressed by that one in truth the last part where you fly about is incredible, if only the ready player one club had been done the same way, it felt as awesome as it looked in the film.

I think they missed a trick though, so many people were online and looking to continue the party. The people around me were all jumping in to the house parties hosted by users, if only they had a couple of their more professional staffers on hand to host.

Awesome stuff if your a fan of Imogen and worth checking out if your slightly curious how it all works.

Soldato
OP

Backstage conversation in the first 10 minutes of the video, then a showing of the performance.

From the sound of it, it's certainly not the end of what she got planned for the future.

Back
Top Bottom