• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

"The worlds best processors"

Soldato
Anyone else seen Intels new TV advertisement... its the first time i have seen a 'dedicated' intel ad since the blue men.

they are telling the world they are the best :D the new slogan seems to be "the worlds best processors"

Soldato
OP
trojan698 said:
The ad is aimed at home users, stop being pedantic :p

Well i was commenting on how pants the ad was not if the content was true... that along with the fact that intel feel the need to advertise being the best now, yet they didnt for the majority of the P4 series... but i guess intel's strategy is to only advertise at product launch stage.

but as ever my thoughts are taken very wrong. ;)

Associate
monaco87 said:
Just for Intel's information this is the worlds best processor...

http://www.sun.com/processors/UltraSPARC-T1/index.xml

While not something you will see in your desktop, at 8 cores and 4 threads per core this is effectivley 32 cpu's on a chip.

True innovation.

yeah great it runs on an reduced instruction set you cannot compare the two at all. although not on the same scale my P4 prescott runs two threads per core and it is very definatly NOT dual core. RISC CPUs are far less flexible and adaptable than the standard CPU so neither is best

Soldato
monaco87 said:
Just for Intel's information this is the worlds best processor...

http://www.sun.com/processors/UltraSPARC-T1/index.xml

While not something you will see in your desktop, at 8 cores and 4 threads per core this is effectivley 32 cpu's on a chip.

True innovation.
Yes but that chip is only good for very specific and rare tasks. It also isn't really a chip that's sold to markets where performance matters, but where concurrency does.

It's comparing apples and oranges.

Intel makes the best general purpose processors, period.

Soldato
intel have there head up there own arse, they speak nothing but propaganda about how there products are better than everyone elses, still doesn't stop the fact AMD has been eating away at there server market for some time now and are soon to release there new revision of K8, i mean FFS i remember when they were blabbing that crap about the pentium 4 when the athlon 64 was systematically kicking it all over the place 'buy this dimention desktop with the 'superfast' pentium IV processor supporting HT technology' i smell bull, the whole C2D follows the same propagated load of bull as well, sheesh

Soldato
stigggeh said:
Well i was commenting on how pants the ad was not if the content was true... that along with the fact that intel feel the need to advertise being the best now, yet they didnt for the majority of the P4 series... but i guess intel's strategy is to only advertise at product launch stage.

but as ever my thoughts are taken very wrong. ;)

It wasn't directed towards you, it was directed at the X86 comments

Associate
how many "enthusiasts" (I don't really like that word) are swayed by advertising though ?

it's more for somebody who goes to Curry's and the saleman says "It's got an Intel processsor" and the consumer thinks "didn't I see their advert on TV ?"...........

Soldato
i don't, because intel gained control of that years ago, you don't see anything to do with NVIDIA, ATI, VIA, AMD, just intel, that shows how full of **** they really are, they may as well own dell and most other retail PC firms

Back
Top Bottom