Theory test past, get in!

dsb

dsb

Associate
Passed my theory test today, looking forward to getting on two wheels.
Going to do direct access, I've been quoted £800 by my local bike centre is that expensive or about right?

Bat

Bat

Associate
Its all done in a couple of weeks, CBT day 1 then learn how to pass the tests.

Yeah but how many days riding? Place I did mine charge £815 for 5 days with them including CBT and the test fees. I didn't do it that way, but if it includes everything and you've never ridden before it sounds about the going rate.

Actually that includes the theory test as well, so more like £780.

Last edited:

dsb

dsb

Associate
OP
I think it was 6 days riding, they said said something about needing an extra day because of the new tests etc. Compared to yours not bad then, its A1 in Farnborough i have been chatting to.

Soldato
Well done on passing :)

For reference I did a 4 day DAS course:

Day 1 - CBT
Day 2 - 125s on the road
Day 3 - Big bike :D
Day 4 - Morning of big bikes and an afternoon test

I came from zero experience, all I had was my theory certificate from the week before, ink still wet :p

Our days were from about 10:00 to 15:00+, considering that I had never ridden a bike before, it was pretty easy to get going by about mid-day on day one, on day two I was still buzzing and loving every minute and mile, then came the big bikes - never again will my arse touch the seat of a 125; they have absolutely nothing going for them over a ‘big bike’ (apart from fuel economy!).

Now that the new test is in force though, a 5-dayer is probably enough I guess, it really depends on how you get on really, a mate of mine at work is looking at doing his test and mentioned that some schools offer a ‘free’ hour or so session on a bike to see if you like it; if you then decide to take a CBT you get a discount… may be worth enquiring about if you’re uncertain.

Best of luck!

dsb

dsb

Associate
OP
i've ridden a fair bit before, mainly on xbikes, and that was years ago, theres 2 modules to the main test now, maybe that has something to do with the extra day, i dunno. How much did you pay for yours.

Soldato
This is the pricing for the place near me

DAS - Direct Access Scheme
4 day (CBT held) £670.00
Premier DAS course (intensive) £799.00
5 day (includes cbt) £770.00
All courses include 1 theory test and bike hire where appropriate

Back
Top Bottom