• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

There's something wrong :s (7900GS)

Associate
Please help me :)

I bought a 7900GS to upgrade my X800XL, however something isn't quite right.

Even at stock speeds it scores only around 4900 on 3dMark05 with my Venice Chip @ 2520 so it's not massively holding it back.

I got around those scores for my X800XL so thats why I am quizzing it as I was expecting something more around the 7000+ Mark.

I have reinstalled the drivers (after removing the ATI drivers fully using dtiver cleaner pro, reboot to safe mode and all that malarky)

And tried again with the full WHQL (91.47 drivers - I had 92.xx) and the same thing is happening. I would have thought that it would let me turn the settings up on my games, but games are still a bit jerky at random times i.e. BF2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, btw the PSU is a 580W Type R Modular, and I'm using the ASUS A8n SLI Deluxe mobo.

Cheers

Ian

Back
Top Bottom