Thermal paste.

Associate
So what is everyone using these days, just installed a Mugen 5 Rev. B. There was paste included so I just used some of that for now, do have some old artic silver 5 hanging about but its a bit old now so what does everyone use these days for air cooling?

Associate
Arctic MX-4 is my standard go-to for general use, or if you are looking for something a bit more premium then Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.

Not Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut though unless you are confident in using conductive liquid metal pastes.

Associate
I always just use MX-4 now and I have a few spare tubes for future. It's simply one of the best for price/performance and you can't go wrong.

I've tried more 'enthusiast' level products such as Kryonaut, and they lower temps by about 1-3c vs Arctic but they just dry up much faster so you need to repaste more often.

Associate
So what is everyone using these days, just installed a Mugen 5 Rev. B. There was paste included so I just used some of that for now, do have some old artic silver 5 hanging about but its a bit old now so what does everyone use these days for air cooling?

Normally stick with the pre-applied on any AIO i get at first just to test everything it working fine, then if i ever come around to replacing it i go with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.

V F

V F

Soldato
Normally stick with the pre-applied on any AIO i get at first just to test everything it working fine, then if i ever come around to replacing it i go with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.

Likewise. I'm 6 months into using it. More or less seeing the same temperatures while gaming in this heat. Maybe 3 - 5C higher.

Associate
I`ve used Kryonaut for a few years now and it`s been fine, I haven`t found it drying up either, I recenlty went from AIO to a custom loop and when I took the AIO off the paste was still paste like.
I have also used Conductonaut with good results and will probably use it again when I drain the system next year for maintenance.

Associate
Generally I use Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut - as it generally seems one of the best in the majority of reviews/test that I have seen. However, if I have a cooler with supplied free paste then I use that (first).

Back
Top Bottom