Thermaltake Level 20 XT

Associate
I bought this case the other day. I also ordered 2 TT Riing plus 200mm fans for the front.
There are mounting holes at the front of the case so no problem. Or so i thought.
The 4 holes for the lower fan are pre threaded, unfortunately the screws aren't long enough to get enough bite on the threads.
The upper 4 fan holes have no thread at all to screw in to!
I have no idea what the size of the screws are so i can see if i can buy some longer ones with a nut at the back.
I can't think of any other way around it, can you?

Associate
OP
I've sorted it with black cable ties.
It may sound a bit naff but they are invisible through the front glass and do the job of holding the fans tightly in place perfectly.

Man of Honour
How are you getting on with this case, happy with it?

I'm seriously considering getting this case to house 2 x 480mm rads in the roof, just curious as well about how good it is on the cooling/air flow front?

Associate
OP
How are you getting on with this case, happy with it?

I'm seriously considering getting this case to house 2 x 480mm rads in the roof, just curious as well about how good it is on the cooling/air flow front?
Sorry for the delay in replying.
My new system is now up and running in the 20 XT.
The front fan fitting issue i initially solved with cable ties but i changed to the rubber mountings for a much more elegant solution.
Yes, it's a good case and there's plenty of room for pumps, reservoirs, fan controllers etc.
As you would expect, air flow is very good with 2x200mm fans at the front. There is also room for extra fans on the case floor to suck air in if necessary, it isn't for me.
I have one Alphacool NexXxos UT60 480mm copper rad in the top. It's a thick beast and it's a squeeze fitting my watercooled Asus Strix OC 2080ti card in. There's less than 1/2 inch to spare between the top of it and the rad fans.
To be honest, for the price it's an excellent case and i would recommend it to anyone who has the desk space and wants a case that's different from the norm.
I hope that helps a little.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom