Thermaltake Shark case: Mod or replace?

Associate
I have a Thermaltake Shark which I am generally quite happy with. However, I am upgrading my computer and want to get either a 680 or 7970. From what I have read, neither will fit in this case. Additionally, it does tend to get a lot of dust building up in it.

My question is: would you advise getting a new case with dust filters & space for bigger cards, or just trying to modify the Shark? (I have never modded a case, so I don't know how easy/hard it would be.)

Permabanned
looks fun to do (modding) so maybe give it ago see how you do if you mess up can just call it a day and buy a new case :)

Associate
I recommend the Xigmatek Midgard II, if you are looking for a decent case with lots of room for a big gfx card.

Associate
I would say replace it. I previously owned a Shark and when I bought my PC-A71B I couldn't believe how it dwarfed the Shark! It is still a good looking case though. Toss a coin :)

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies, it turns out that if you are really careful you can actually fit a 7970 in the case, so I'm OK for now.

Top Bottom