Think my Iphone camera borked

Associate
Iphone camera running 1.14 seems to be borked. Everytime I click camera I get a red distorted image! I just took 3 quick pictures to show the distortion (just uploaded 2) 1/3 pictures came out ok, the bottom one is the effect i'm on about, all red and distorted. Occasionally it corrects itself. It's nothing to do with the light i'm in as i've tried it in different rooms.

Problem is it's a US Iphone :( If anyone has any ideas what to do, would be greatly appreciated, panicking at the minute though, gutted.

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Associate
OP
Looks like a sensor problem

Thanks for the reply mate and I think you could be right. :(

Just tried pinching front to back right where the camera is and it's temporarily sorted it.

Phone purchased in the USA, it's unlocked. Any ideas for returning it :(

Last edited:
Permabanned
If you buy a new one you should still be able to get quite a bit of your money back if you sell it on the bay as I'm sure somebody wouldn't mind getting one a bit cheaper if they won't use the camera anyway.

Selling it unlocked should make you a bit extra too.

Associate
OP
I don't think there is much you can do, the cost of fixing that might not be economical considering it is an US phone, with the price of an 8G being £160 now it could be easier/cheaper to get a new one.

Thanks for the reply again mate.

It's working fine now. There is no way I will be buying a new one when I only bought this in March. Duno whether a kind chap from the States could take pity, let me post it back to them and get it replaced for me :confused::)

Associate
OP
Surely you can take it into a UK apple store?

Well i'd have thought that too.

However,

A) It's unlocked + Jailbroke

and B) Could restore it but I only have the US AT+T sim with it, as it's not registered wouldn't have a leg to stand on :(

edit: Thanks for all quick the replies chaps

Associate
less than a year old?

flash the firmware back to neutral if it is jailbroken et cetera, is the problem still there?

take it to an apple shop and politely ask for it to be repaired

portable devices from Apple, including the iPhone have a 1 year worldwide warranty

Associate
OP
you dont need a leg to stand on - faulty hardware is faulty hardware.

Thanks mate, i'm almost certain that restoring it will do no good. Just read a few messages posted on a forum with what looks like the same problem.

Sure it's a sensor problem as Raymond Lin said...

Back
Top Bottom