Thinking about changing camera insurance, Any recommendations?

Associate
Hi currently I'm insured with Eversure for £3,148.00 worth of gear. I received my new policy for the second year today and they have increased yearly cost from £91.71 to £95.37 this is no big deal but they have also doubled my access from £100 to £200 this is a big jump they said they go through XL Catlin Insurance Company UK Limited and they can't control this but have voiced there concerns.

Any recommendations?

I don't use my equipment for professional or business use below is a summary about my cover.

1. Theft of Insured Items (not from a vehicle): United Kingdom Sum Insured £3,148.00 Excess £200, Worldwide Sum Insured £3,148.00 Excess £100

2. Theft of Insured Items (from a vehicle): United Kingdom Sum Insured £3,148.00 Excess £200, Worldwide Sum Insured £3,148.00 Excess £200

3. Accidental Loss or Damage: United Kingdom Sum Insured £3,148.00 Excess £200, Worldwide Sum Insured £3,148.00 Excess £100

4. Hire of equipment (following a claim): United Kingdom Sum Insured £314.80 Excess None, Worldwide Sum Insured £314.80 Excess None

5. Personal Accident: United Kingdom Up to £5,000 Excess None, Worldwide Up to Excess £5,000 None

6. Public Liability: United Kingdom Sum Insured None Excess $500, Worldwide Sum Insured None Excess £500

7. Professional Indemnity: United Kingdom Sum Insured None Excess None, Worldwide Sum Insured None Excess None
Your Total Premium: (Please note; this is an aggregate total including any adjustments you have made to your policy.): £95.37

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you.

Associate
Give Photoguard a try. It is a tad higher in price about £160 for £5000 worth of stuff. I pay monthly via Thistle insurance. Covered in boot of car if broken into. NO Excess. Public liability covered as well.
Google them and check your gear out in their web site.

Associate
Photoguard were great when I started using them, I had bad experiences more recently.

Didn't claim, but their customer service was pretty shoddy. It worked out cheaper to cover everything with Eversure than to amend my policy from an a7rii to an a7riii. Photoguard takes model numbers and serial numbers of everything and charge for amendments. Eversure covers you up to a cap.

Back
Top Bottom