Thinking about overclocking

Permabanned
This will be the first time I've done it, so I'm reading up all the info from here that I can, but if you dont mind I have a few questions that are more specific to me rather than general info contained in FAQs and other posts :)

My system is:

A64 3500+ 2.2GHz
1Gb GeIL DDR2
MSI MS-7260
X1800XT
Antec 380W SmartPower

I have only a stock cooler so I know I need to get something a bit better, but what I really need to know is if my PSU and MB will be ok? If not I prolly wont take the issue much further. Also if anyone has any tips or pointers for my set up feel free to add them :)

Soldato
How are your temps with the stock cooler? I've heard they're pretty good for retail coolers, could you post your temps up?

My 3500 is running in the low 30's with a freezer 64 pro.

*keeps an eye on this thread*

Permabanned
OP
Ive not done as much research now as I would have liked, but SpeedFan is telling me

Temp1: 31C
Temp2:33C
Temp3:45C
HD0:31C
Core:34C

Hopefully you'll know more of what each things is than me :p

Associate
for the most immediate high,rush into overclocking your grafics card. but read" concorde rules "guide first,follow it to the stick and youll get results.

this will prove hrs of fun before you understand you have to know quiet a bit about your mainboards memory.

I hated that bit.
but love the way it sudukos my head into oblivion

Man of Honour
I think you'll struggle with that PSU. Try anyway, but if you quickly run into rebooting problems then get a new one. Lockups are generally heat, not PSU, and BSODs are usually RAM. But in overclocking nothing is certain.

M

Back
Top Bottom