Thinking of a dirt cheap laptop for...

Soldato
playing games while on holiday.

Needs to be as cheap as possible but still play games. Not like BF2, Slalker (Unless you can find one under200 quid that will ;)

As said would like it as far under 200 quid as possibe as i have a desktop for proper gaming.

Gunna hit the bay now :D

You simply won't find one that's a gaming laptop for that cheap. Too little money. Spend the £200 on holiday food/booze, you'll have a better experience from that than trying to game on a £200 laptop.

Very difficult to find a laptop that can play games (with at least decent graphics) whilst being under £1000. Better off saving that money and spending it on your holiday or on your PC

Well, second-hand is pretty much your only option, get on the 'Bay or Members market.

I have a distinct feeling that whatever you buy for £200, you'll be disappointed.

Rather than buying a laptop, why don't you just buy a handheld gaming console? The DS is around £100 and then you can buy loads of games with the remaining £100. DS is really fun so i think its better in the long run than a £200 laptop that you are only going to use during the holiday, whereas a DS can be used all year round.

BlackDragon said:
Rather than buying a laptop, why don't you just buy a handheld gaming console? The DS is around £100 and then you can buy loads of games with the remaining £100. DS is really fun so i think its better in the long run than a £200 laptop that you are only going to use during the holiday, whereas a DS can be used all year round.

i'll second that

gaming on laptops of any kind is crap, they just wont manage at your price point. I mean you could prolly get a 1.5-2ghz P3/4 with 512meg ram and intel GFX which will play like worms, halflife, civ4 etc but you really wll be disappointed, as others have said a ninty DS would solve all your woes great lil things.

I paid £700 for my 1.5GHz centrino laptop with intel extreme graphics 2 about 3 years ago (maybe 4?) and it played MOHAA fine with 256mb of ram (put another 512mb in it now tho).

Although whats the point going on "holiday" if your just going to be playing games? If your albino I could understand..

Getting a laptop to do anything productive/creative (Photoshop etc...) is just about possible on a £200 budget - let alone game on it...

Definitely pick up a PSP or DS lite

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom