Thinking of a Skoda Superb......thoughts?

Soldato
I've currently got a Skoda Kodiaq - 1.5L petrol - don't ask! :mad:

Anyway, the lease is ending and I've seen a very tidy Skoda Superb 2.0 TSI L&K and I was wondering what people's experiences have been with these?

I went for a test drive yesterday and have to say I really liked it

Performance was night and day compared to my existing POS so I'm very tempted!

Annoyingly I'd be hit with the "luxury car tax" with the list price being over £40k but I'd have to make me peace with that!

Any thoughts??

I love the Skoda Superb, think they are great value for money on the 2nd market. I know that doesn’t mean anything in your situation.

I drove a 2019 (69) Skoda Superb Estate for about 15k miles through work, absolutely no complaints, I can only imagine they've improved even more since then :)

I always say how we shouldn't have gotten rid of them, super comfortable, really efficient (2.0 TSI Hybrid DSG), and absolutely shedloads of space. Pleasure to drive.

Good to hear positive feedback so far - I have to say the test drive was an absolute pleasure!

I've had Octavia's before and loved them (hence the Kodiaq but the less said about that the better!) and the Superb just looks to be a slightly bigger, slightly more luxurious option!

I always feel like I'm missing something with the Skoda Superb. We have a 1.5 TSI DSG Superb estate (2018 car) for the work pool car.

I absolutely hate it. Sorry! It handles very badly and wallows all over the place. The steering is awful - vague, light and lifeless. Power is non existent, the gearbox is always half asleep and takes forever to respond and it drinks fuel. I cannot get comfortable in it, no matter how hard I try.

I get the idea of comfortable cruisers - I used to own a Lexus IS250 (which was like an armchair on wheels), but I just cannot find a reason to like the car, apart from it has a huge boot.

My Kodiaq 1.5 petrol sportline went back in Aug and i was gutted, lovely motor - don't know why you didn't like yours :(

I had a 2011 Skoda Superb SE TSI for a few years and liked it too, VW Passat for a few £k cheaper. However, i do echo the comments above, it is a big, cumbersome car. For a family car it was well, superb. Loads of room, comfy, some nice toys and looking at the new models, they look much better.

Would i have another Superb? Yes, however, i prefer my SUV's now.

Last edited:
My Kodiaq 1.5 petrol sportline went back in Aug and i was gutted, lovely motor - don't know why you didn't like yours :(

Don't get me wrong it's a very comfortable car and has all the bells and whistles you could ask for - winter pack, reversing camera, 7 seats etc - 100% of my issue with is is that it's woefully underpowered for the size! (which i suspect is why @ajgoodfellow doesn't like the similarly powered Superb?)

You have to give about a fortnight's notice to pull out at every roundabout!

150bhp in this car feels VERY different to 150bhp in my previous 2-litre diesel Octavia!

Don't get me wrong it's a very comfortable car and has all the bells and whistles you could ask for - winter pack, reversing camera, 7 seats etc - 100% of my issue with is is that it's woefully underpowered for the size! (which i suspect is why @ajgoodfellow doesn't like the similarly powered Superb?)

You have to give about a fortnight's notice to pull out at every roundabout!

150bhp in this car feels VERY different to 150bhp in my previous 2-litre diesel Octavia!
I think so! Especially your comment about a fortnight's notice to pull out at every roundabout - this is exactly how I feel when driving the Superb.

You should test drive one first before you write it off just because it is a BEV, had a go in one and they are very nice for the almost silly money on lease right now.

I've driven a few and the performance is great - my issue is that the infrastructure just isn't there yet!

Everyone i know that has had an EV has stories about broken and busy chargers as soon as you need to go somewhere on a mid to long journey!

I've driven a few and the performance is great - my issue is that the infrastructure just isn't there yet!

Everyone i know that has had an EV has stories about broken and busy chargers as soon as you need to go somewhere on a mid to long journey!

You can't compare yourself against other people, they don't do the same as you in terms of mileage or trips in general. Are you covering like 20k+ miles per year?

Also the iD.7 is a 300+ mile range car, so you need to figure how many times you'd go anywhere close to they range in one go.

I wouldn't buy an EV as the 2nd hand market for them in general is atrocious and I don't think I want to go for another lease this time!

This leaves me with conventional engines!

Back
Top Bottom