Thinking of a upgrade .. out of AGP and 754

Soldato
This is what im thinking but its a little too pricy for my satisfaction :( .

Shopping Cart (Prices in British Pounds) REFERENCE DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST REMOVE
CP-126-AM AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ (Socket 939) - Retail (ADA4200BVBOX) (CP-126-AM)
£219.95 £219.95
MB-018-DF DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-018-DF)
£124.95 £124.95
GX-079-XF XFX GeForce 7600 GT XXX Edition 256MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (PVT73G-UDD7) (GX-079-XF)
£134.95 £134.95
Subtotal £479.85
VAT £83.98
Total £563.83

the CPU i want to keep but would like a good cooling thingy.

Can someone recomend me a good motherboard which has good overclocking features and is pretty good( and cheap)? i want socket 939 and PCI-E GC slot. possibly SLI compat.

Does the GC seem fine to you? a 7900 maybe a little to pricy so i went for the 7600.

and last of all im looking for a good harddrive with sata 300 and not too expensive.. looking to spend around 100 pounds on boths.

thankyou, shimy

o.....

ok i got you on the GC. my budget of 600 quid wont get me much with that CPU.
maybe i should extend my budget and work more sundays and holidays...

anyother mobo, cooling or HDD recommendations?

EDIT;After realising fenderbass edited...

thats sounds cool, but when i come around to buying SLI or CF, wont i be loosing a bit of money getting a new GC and mobo?

or will things be cheap?

Last edited:
AMDPower said:
just a suggestion, but why don't you wait for Conroe, its just round the corner, 3-4 months max and much better performance for your money.
if you have waited this long i am sure you can Wait a little more.

but should you choose to buy, then definitely go for fenderbass86 spec.

Is conroe *really* going to be worths the gossip thats going on about it?

it does sound like a really good idea. just that... should i wait...

17in :(

hoping to upgrade sometime but id rather get a better computer than screen.

EDIT; yeah read up on more conroe articles and does sound rather interesting..

Last edited:
AMDPower said:
yes it is much better, lets say a conroe at 2.6 beats amd [email protected] by about 20% right across the board and also they overclock to about 3.00 on air very easily, well from the few samples released so far anyway.

if you can, i would say its worth the wait. you would be getting a much better system. but its up to you really. :)

im just worried about how much it will cost alltogether...

well im going to wait for conroe.. i need more infomation about it now!
its is a singular core?

Back
Top Bottom