Thinking of getting a ps3

Associate
Hi
I currently have a 360 with a lot of games and i have no interest whatsoever in the new consoles so am thinking of getting a ps3 super slim in the next few months. I have seen 2 versions both a 16gb(i think) and a 500gb one. Is it true you can put your own hdd in the ps3 and does this include the super slim? Also i know of some exclusives that i would want but can anyone point me to some hidden gems bearing in mind i have a 360 and also a pc.

Thanks in advance

Associate
I swapped out my 360 for a PS3 shortly before the PS4 release when people were getting rid to upgrade.

Mainly did it for the free internet features such as netflix etc and blu-ray.

You can hook up your own hard drives usually with no problem, cant see it being restricted to certain models.

Even just use an external USB if its just for movies etc.

As for exclusives all I would recommend PS3 wise is;

GTA5 - unless your happy to wait for PC version
Last of Us
Uncharted series - even just the one at first to see what its like.
Infamous
Red Dead Redemption - unless you played it to death on your 360.

Associate
OP
sorry i should have explained a little more. I will be keeping my 360 as there are a lot of games i have that i have not got around too yet. Uncharted and Infamous do interest me but i am not a gta or red dead redemtion fan. i dont really know a lot about the last of us so ill geek up a little on that one. Anyhow thats a few added to my list so thanks for the suggestions :)

Associate
Surely he could just play GTA and RDR on his 360 no need for a ps3. On the playstation I would recommend:
Uncharted Series
Heavy Rain
Beyond Two Souls
Ni No Kuni
Killzone Series
God of War 3
Journey
The Last of Us
Infamous Series (I absolutely hated both of them on the ps3, but loved the ps4 one)

There's also Gran Turismo if you like racing games and many many more indie games!

Associate
OP
And a few more added ty. I always liked the look of god of war but never actually played it. I also hate fps on a console(i have my pc for them and indie games) and i detest gt games and anything like them lol

Soldato
There's the 12GB PS3 and the 500GB one. The 500GB one obviously comes with a hard-drive, the 12GB one comes with on-board flash memory but you can add a regular 2.5" HDD of your choosing. Just keep in mind that the flash memory can't be used once a HDD is installed.

There is a bracket sold separately for the 12GB which the HDD fits into, but you can just as easily use a piece of cardboard to hold the HDD in place in the slot without any ill-effects.

Soldato
God of War Series
Uncharted Series
The Last of US
Heavy Rain
Beyond Two Souls
Ni No Kuni
Killzone Series
Infamous Series
Rachet & Clank Series
Wipeout HD
Grand Tourism 6
Motor Storm series
Sly Raccoon Series
Resistance Series
Heavenly Sword
Metal Gear solid 4
Metal gear solid HD Collection
Red Dead Redemption
Pixel Junkie shooter

Associate
You can get flower, fl0w and Journey on a disc nowadays. Never played fl0w but Journey and flower are two of the best games I've ever played.

My personal favs from the PS3 are Heavy Rain, flower, journey, uncharted & Ni No Kuni.

Back
Top Bottom