Thinking of getting vr but don't know where to start

Associate
So I have wanted vr for a while now but it just seems complicated or is it just me? XD

So just wondered what you needed or is it as simple as plug in and play and would my pc handle it.

Rx580 red devil
Ryzsn 7 1800x
16gb ram
2tb hdd but soon also be a 1tb ssd

Unsure if that can run it so...
Thanks for any information

Soldato
quest2 64gb @ £299 is where you can start and stop your vr 'quest' :p

first time vr user here and the quest2 just works. can be used stand alone, wired or wireless for pcvr.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I have wanted vr for a while now but it just seems complicated or is it just me? XD

So just wondered what you needed or is it as simple as plug in and play and would my pc handle it.

Rx580 red devil
Ryzsn 7 1800x
16gb ram
2tb hdd but soon also be a 1tb ssd

Unsure if that can run it so...
Thanks for any information

your PC is just borderline good enough for the Quest 2. If you don't plan to upgrade your GPU anytime soon, then a Rift S might be better.

But, The good thing about the Quest 2 is that you don't need a PC.

Any games in particular that you want to play in VR?

Associate
OP
your PC is just borderline good enough for the Quest 2. If you don't plan to upgrade your GPU anytime soon, then a Rift S might be better.

But, The good thing about the Quest 2 is that you don't need a PC.

Any games in particular that you want to play in VR?

Any game really they all look pretty cool haha.

And unfortunately not able to upgrade my gpu anytime soon due to coronovirus bs lol.

And wjat does quest 2 use then ?

Soldato
Any game really they all look pretty cool haha.

And unfortunately not able to upgrade my gpu anytime soon due to coronovirus bs lol.

You can play games on the Quest 2 without any PC. It has it's own processor/GPU and hard drive space to install games on and run them.

Here is a list of the games you can get on the Quest 2, that you don't need a PC for.

Quest Store: VR Games, Apps and More | Oculus

Of course, you can connect to a PC and run PCVR games, like Half Life Alyx, Elite Dangerous or flight and racing car sims.

Soldato

Quest 2 uses a dedicated VR processor, similar to those used in phones, running on a custom version of Android. It's nowhere near as powerful as a gaming PC, but it's been optimised to give a very good stand-alone VR experience, without wires or external sensors/trackers.

It's the ability to do full wireless VR that sets it apart from other headsets. It literally is a game changer, as you can take the Quest to huge play areas, whereas most people's PCs are in small rooms, so don't have room to move around in VR.

Soldato
You could start by reading any of the threads asking similar questions.
50743284567_066c0db645_o_d.gif

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/what-vr-headset-to-get.18918191/

Back
Top Bottom