Thinking of Joining Audible, questions?

Caporegime
Recently I've got quite into listening to audio books on the way to work. I drive and hour each way, so 8 hours per shift. I can eat through a book in two shifts normally.

I've looked at the packages £3.99 per month for 3 months which rises to £7.99 after the trial. Anyone had much luck in negotiating a figure after the trial if you say you will cancel?

The 24 books for £109 interests me most of all, again anyone had any offers or negotiated it lower on cancellation?

I know I can download them for free, but I will pay for something I like so that these services can continue :)

Also my home internet sucks at times, can I log into a computer at work and download them then transfer them to my device?

Thanks for any help :)

Associate
There wasn't much negotiation in my experience, it was "this is the price, take it or leave it", never struck me a company who wanted me to stay when I cancelled it was just a matter of ok, they really didn't seem to care.

I get the occasional "come back and we'll give you <x> books free" or "3 months for the price of 2" type deals offered via automated email but nothing to write home about tbh.

Man of Honour
They're Amazon, so don't really care.

Also my home internet sucks at times, can I log into a computer at work and download them then transfer them to my device?

My phone and Sandisk mp3 player are my authorised devices, but I download on my laptop or server. Then file them on the server and then drag and drop to whatever when necessary. Easy enough. Once the device has been authorised you can just drop the files onto it.

I do kind of like using my phone though, the ability to download different books when I'm out and about is great.

Caporegime
OP
Cheers Flibster, I would use my phone too if I had your data plan ;)

I guess I will just do the 3 months for £3.99 then buy the 24 for £109 :)

Do you use the iphone app to download them?

Man of Honour
Android. Unlimited data does rock. :D

Have the downloader on the laptop. Just makes it a bit easier.

To give you a couple of ideas about file size.

Catch 22 - AAX enhanced - 452mb
When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops? - AAX enhanced - 208mb
God Collar - AAX enhanced - 235mb
The Lost Continent - AA format - 140mb

Just a random selection from the server

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Ah right they aren't as massive as I thought :)
So when you buy them even if you leave audible they are still yours to keep?

I think I'm going to sign up today :)

Mrs was struggling for a birthday present for me this year, this could be it :D

Associate
Correct, stuff you buy with sub credits is treated as if you'd bought it normally once you get past the checkout screen. I've been unsubbed for two years and I can still retrieve my discworld books when I want them (Mort FTW).

Caporegime
OP
Well I've already emailed them and told them to poke it and give me my money back. I registered for a trial £3.99 and signed in. Books I wanted like Star Wars Darth Plagueis dissapear from the search options once logged in. 3 others do as well. Yet it clearly says get this for £3.99 on a 3 month trial!

No where does it say your options are limited on a trial :mad:

Back
Top Bottom