ThinkPad 25

Soldato
So the limited edition ThinkPad 25 is out. It's got a proper keyboard and other classic type features and a decent spec. It's plastered all over Lenovo's websites including the UK : https://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-25/ThinkPad-25/p/22TP2TTTP25

So I reply to their proud UK team tweet announcing it, asking when it's going on sale ... and the answer is : "Hi Magic, we have no current plans for the ThinkPad 25 within the UK. Thanks for your query and interest."

What idiot dreamed up that strategy! ‍♂️

:eek::confused::rolleyes:

Caporegime
Ha! It's even got the red nipple for moving your pointer around. I had an old thinkpad which I bought from a dodgy shop in Tottenham Court Road. I only had it a few days and after using it in bed one night, put it down next to me. The next morning, I got up and stood on it and broke the screen. :( :(

Soldato
OP
The TrackPoint nipple is still standard issue, just with a mushy chiclet keyboard nowadays. I have a P50s at work, and most people in the office look surprised at me using it in preference to the (rubbish compared to a MacBook) touchpad. My first couple of laptops were Toshiba's in the late 90s so it's second nature to use it by preference for me.

Soldato
Lenovo have a big stand in the mall I work in at the moment, displaying the 25 and it really is a nice bit of kit.
Can't say I've had much use of recent laptops from them, but I'd happily have one of these!

Just wish they'd have 8th Gen CPUs in them :(

Not releasing in the UK seems a bit stupid though? :confused:

Man of Honour
I contacted Lenovo and had the same "Thanks for you interest but no UK release" reply.

Yeah I was reading up on this, unfortunately no, it's not released in the UK.

I really want a new Thinkpad T470P though, shame I can't afford one!
A T470 (not P) went on ebay for £510 recently. I almost bid on it but thought it would just go silly high. But for some reason it sold really cheaply.

I'm currently trying to flip a coin between a Macbook Pro 13, T470 or X1 Yoga. Admittedly I'll need a three sided coin!

I actually want the X1 Yoga but love the expandability of the T470, especially coming from a T530.

I contacted Lenovo and had the same "Thanks for you interest but no UK release" reply.

A T470 (not P) went on ebay for £510 recently. I almost bid on it but thought it would just go silly high. But for some reason it sold really cheaply.

I'm currently trying to flip a coin between a Macbook Pro 13, T470 or X1 Yoga. Admittedly I'll need a three sided coin!

I actually want the X1 Yoga but love the expandability of the T470, especially coming from a T530.

The T470P has an offer on Lenovo's site at the moment and I like how it comes with a Nvidia 940MX, so I could game on it. I also like the expandability that the size of laptop gets.

Need to win the lottery though and keep an eye on Ebay!

Back
Top Bottom