thinner thumbscrews

Associate
just wondering where i could get thinner thumbscrews from? one i bought are jus too thick for my comp etc (jeantech full acrylic case). so i need slightly thinner ones as its a bitch gettin a screwdriver out all the time an theyre startin to roundoff anyway... anyone any ideas?

Associate
OP
the connectors are threaded so itd be a pain, think it might jus be that the thumbscrews arent fine enough, as lookin at it most seem to be the same thickness

Associate
All cases should have standard size screws and threads. You say that the case is fylly acrylic then it should be very easy to srew in even a bigger size screw. The thread will be formed automatically by the screw.

Soldato
i know what your on about, you can get thinner screws it is possible. just have to search around. B&Q is where i got some from, hex bolts i believe,.

hope B&Q is not a competitor.. if so the please delete this post.

Soldato
i know the ones your on about because i have some. they are thinner than regular case screws, they are more on the lines of thickness of the screws that go in floppy and cd drives. i just can;t remember where i found them.

Associate
OP
Cyber-Mav said:
i know the ones your on about because i have some. they are thinner than regular case screws, they are more on the lines of thickness of the screws that go in floppy and cd drives. i just can;t remember where i found them.

exactly that, cos the ones that came with the case go into the drive etc fine aswell lol jus tryin to find some thumbscrew versions an cant see them anywhere lol

Associate
OP
yea, its the fine ones im after, but in thumbscrew version if theyre even available, cos theyre rather tight when screwed in an i keep rounding them off taking trying to get them back out cos theire so soft

Back
Top Bottom