Third rift sensor rear placement query

Associate
Evening all

I have a pretty small living room, I believe the front two sensors are best high up to the right and left of the playing area basically above my TV to the left and right of it close to the ceiling.

The third is this fine in the corner of the room close to the ceiling behind me too or does it need to be at waist height or placed centrally? I am just playing with two at the moment with a third sensor on the way.

Blown away with it so thought I would Improve it with a rear sensor but the information online is so conflicting. Where do you guys have your third rear sensor placed for best experience?

Soldato
The normal advice is to put the sensors in a triangle, with the rear sensor in line with one of the two front sensors and pointing diagonally inwards. Also the higher the better, and angle downwards.

Te Oculus software can be very picky when setting this up so sometimes you can ignore its warnings as long as the sensors are pointing into your play space. There is a free app on the Oculus store called Sensor Bounds which will allow you to visualise the sensor coverage and work out any blind spots.

Back
Top Bottom