This Instant And Moment - 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Got a letter from the DWP yesterday. Turns out I was one of the many who had their ESA claims wrongly calculated, so they’re paying me back within the next few days. Not a huge amount, but £2700 out of the blue ain’t too bad.

Soldato
Crashed in to a parked car? Bet they didn't stick around!
Nope, police collected the half of the number plate, doubt they'll do bugger all.

Have to wait in all day for work to send a low loader to pick it up for inspection so my garage is rammed full of equipment. Will probably park my defender flat with the garage door tonight just in case

Caporegime
Nope, police collected the half of the number plate, doubt they'll do bugger all.

Have to wait in all day for work to send a low loader to pick it up for inspection so my garage is rammed full of equipment. Will probably park my defender flat with the garage door tonight just in case

Not a bad plan. I'd guess a drunk or drug driver. Glad it's not the defender though!

Soldato
Not a bad plan. I'd guess a drunk or drug driver. Glad it's not the defender though!
Defender and missus car are on the drive hilux on the road, unfortunately the local chav estate is accessible by about a mile of farmers lane so they use it as a race track as the main road out has speed cameras and anpr.

To be fair thinking of getting rid of the defender as no longer do as much off roading/ towing since I stopped contracting.

Soldato
Re-watching Captain Marvel (yes I liked it, sue me) and noticed the computer they play back the audio CD on is running Windows 2000 Professional, in 1995 xD

Soldato
Got confirmation over the weekend that I've managed to reduce my mortgage term time by a shade over 8yrs to 10yrs starting last month. In reality should have the mortgage paid off in 6yrs if I chuck anything else in over the mortgage amount :cool:

Soldato
Got an ulcer in my eye. Means no contact lenses for a while and wearing glasses annoys me. Even more annoying when you're cooking and open the oven and they all steam up!

Plus i shave my head and did it without glasses on and my wifes quote was "you look like you have cancer, go get your shaver and i'll fix it"

Soldato
Well my collection of about 100 unique (as in no two the same) bottle caps has been accidentally disposed of... It took a surprising amount of time to accumulate so many! About 5 years or so... :(

Some of them are no longer in production, and some of them my boss got me from abroad...

Unlucky, i also collected a load of bottle tops, and made a table :)

p1u60H8.png

Caporegime
OP
I do have an absolute pile left, I just save em out of habit. Give me a shout if you want them :)

Go on then! :) No rush though so may as well wait til we next go to a run.

This is the sort of thing I wanted to do eventually.

85i8QeF.jpg
gBQQAAN.jpg

Strikes me that to achieve something like the top one, I need to collect several of each. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll keep collecting them then, i can always give them to @agw_01 as he's local and more likely to go to Motors meets :p

Yeah, i think trying to get them all individual will be tricky. If you notice on mine i ended up doing a circle of Heineken noes (3rd row from the outer edge) just because i didn't have the variety.

My table now looks crap as even though the company told me 100% it was suitable for outdoor use, it sure as hell wasn't and the nice shiny clear resin is now cloudy and all my bottle tops have faded in the sun because there was no UV protection :(

Soldato
Just got back from lunch and had an interesting thing happen on my way back to the office. Was driving down a country lane which is a 40mph road, and I race on down it until I'm behind a car that has no cars in front of it and is driving at between 20-25mph. I give him lots of room behind incase he's lost and decides to make a quick turn or something like that... Then as we get to a long straight bit, I speed up and begin to overtake. As I'm coming up the side of his car, another car appears at the top of the straight road coming for me, not too fast and I have plenty of time to make the overtake so I continue - Then the ****** I'm overtaking starts speeding up... considerably! I made it in the end, and then he slowed right down again once I was safely in front of him! :mad:

What is it with drivers in the UK at the moment (or peoples attitudes in the UK in general to be honest...)?! The past few years it feels like people in this country are becoming more spiteful :(

Anyway, time to munch :p

Soldato
I've lived in Essex all my life but yesterday I saw the most Essex Essex thing in my whole life. I was collecting a mini hob I ordered from Currys in Basildon and as I was walking back to my car I saw this car parked up with Bentley badge and front grill, I couldn't quite put my finger on it at first as to why but it looked a bit out of place (like who the hell would be driving a Bentley in Basildon). Anyway I walked past the car and looked back and it turned out someone had retro fitted the grill and badge to a crappy 12 year old Chrysler 300c. :o

Soldato
Superb

I nipped out earlier and saw a car pulled over and a girl got out dressed in a grey fluffy onesie. Thought that was an odd choice of outfit, then she went around the car and started pulling loads of stuff out the backseat and throwing it on the pavement in front of some lad who had no idea what to do. She was obviously kicking him out but there were bags of clothes and bits of furniture.

I was sat in traffic and made eye contact with him and just chuckled as he looked completely out of ideas :p

Soldato
I've lived in Essex all my life but yesterday I saw the most Essex Essex thing in my whole life. I was collecting a mini hob I ordered from Currys in Basildon and as I was walking back to my car I saw this car parked up with Bentley badge and front grill, I couldn't quite put my finger on it at first as to why but it looked a bit out of place (like who the hell would be driving a Bentley in Basildon). Anyway I walked past the car and looked back and it turned out someone had retro fitted the grill and badge to a crappy 12 year old Chrysler 300c. :o

They are way more common than you think. I saw one up here with Bentley badges put £10 of diesel in :D

Soldato

There’s one of these in Colchester, could even be the same one. Stop the world I want to get off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom