This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Currently on £268 variable rate but have been offered 2 year fixed at £350 pm should I take it?

Far from the worst fixed offer I have seen, granted this is compared to the new higher April rate, but it is for two years.

However I wont give an answer, as I need to see the unit rates, not the DD prediction.

Fixed DD is not fixed by contract so they can change the DD amount whenever they want.

Soldato
Correct, I had a friend who needed a massive clean of their flue because they were continuously using unseasoned softwood, which was presumably damp and full of God knows what.

Unseasoned softwood is full of resinous substances distilled its the original source of "stockholm tar" that wooden sailing ships used for everything from caulking the hull to tarring the pigtails "jolly jack tars" i.e. the archetypal english sailor

Man of Honour
I was with sky for 25+ years don't miss out one bit.

Netflix and prime loads to watch. I also like Pluto TV for old TV shows. Myth busters is always in there.

Must admit the only thing keeping me on Sky is the football. Its about the only thing I actually watch on Sky.

Soldato
Must admit the only thing keeping me on Sky is the football. Its about the only thing I actually watch on Sky.

Amazon does that I think. Sky has white label isp I think.

Burning the right kind of wood is probably quite important but overall its not a great idea if unfiltered fumes became the main source of heating in UK once again not in a built up area anyway as eventually it builds up some contaminants in the blood stream of residents.
I should post a source here, I could be wrong but roughly its not a great idea long term and hopefully the gov catches up and makes UK energy neutral not importing all the time whoever the source its a vulnerability we dont need.

Soldato
Amazon does that I think. Sky has white label isp I think.

Burning the right kind of wood is probably quite important

I think its actually a legal requirement, you have to burn the correct sort of properly seasoned wood or pellets. That's not going to stop irresponsible people burning wet/fresh or unsuitable wood (varnished/painted etc.)though.

Caporegime
I've heard this as well but not sure how it would be enforced, surely you pay for a sub that can be used anywhere. I use data on my phone sometime so ip address wouldn't work.

I suspect that if two ip address at properties miles apart are used every evening they will assume you are in breach and cancel your sub.

Soldato
I suspect that if two ip address at properties miles apart are used every evening they will assume you are in breach and cancel your sub.

that means people using a VPN could be unfairly banned if that was the case. ..... i havent shared my account with anyone yet but i must admit i was hoping to give my parents (pensioners who would never justify the cost otherwsie) access to my account...... obviously i wont if that gets stopped.

Soldato

Easier just to restrict the amount of active players at one time.

Might as well enjoy account sharing while you can, once they stop it we'll just have one subscription active at a time.

Soldato
"People" have been saying that Netflix are going to clamp down on account sharing for a decade. That's not to say it won't eventually happen, but odds are it isn't going to be immediately after they raise prices otherwise they'll soon see a lot of cancellations or people dropping a tier. The UHD Netflix tier is becoming increasingly unappealing given they keep raising the price £2 while other other tiers go up by £1. I'd rather they charged more for additional concurrent users than for slightly higher picture quality across a limited selection of the titles available.

Soldato
"People" have been saying that Netflix are going to clamp down on account sharing for a decade. That's not to say it won't eventually happen, but odds are it isn't going to be immediately after they raise prices otherwise they'll soon see a lot of cancellations or people dropping a tier. The UHD Netflix tier is becoming increasingly unappealing given they keep raising the price £2 while other other tiers go up by £1. I'd rather they charged more for additional concurrent users than for slightly higher picture quality across a limited selection of the titles available.

Yeh it's a balancing act from thier perspective, as long as the cash from subs keeps rolling in, I doubt they will care too much. If people start cancelling subs (and a lot will if they cant share) then that will impact the bottom line revenue, so they would have to do the maths on that - I suspect they turn a blind eye as they have already done the maths :D

Soldato
I think its actually a legal requirement, you have to burn the correct sort of properly seasoned wood or pellets. That's not going to stop irresponsible people burning wet/fresh or unsuitable wood (varnished/painted etc.)though.

Thing is, they allow Chelsea tractors when there is absolutely no need whatsoever and a much bigger issue.

Back
Top Bottom