This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Caporegime
Was it not also the case that if they had constructed it to its original design, it also wouldn’t have happened. I remember reading that the sea wall was meant to be bigger and more resilient but it was costed down during the build to save cash. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong there.

It had certainly been proposed to increase the level of the sea wall, another power station director had it carried out despite protests about the cost and it ended up saving the plant in the end.

You quoted @labrat, who made no such claim, talk about spoon feeding :rolleyes::cry:

It's called an arc...

Associate
If its legit I'd snap their hand off at that price. Out of interest do you have an electric car to have such High usage?

I have a PHEV but I drive a lot and put around 160KWh in it per month. So almost 2000KWh per year. Real house usage is around 4400KWh, still high but I have a number of always on servers that I will start switching off a night soon if idle.

Soldato
Sacked off Netflix and Amazon Prime.
That'll also save me a lot of impulse purchases via Amazon.
And the TV will be on a lot less as there's not much worth watching on normal telly.
After the World Cup footy I'll sack of the TV License, and then there'll be nothing to watch so I may as well sell the TV.

Soldato
With all these overnight car tariffs. Is it at all possible to not only charge the car but use unneeded energy in the car batteries as a powerbank, that would significantly raise its utility and justify ownership to a lot more people
I'm going to be a bit disappointed if this possibility has never been considered. I guess its not easy as it requires management and extra wiring but imo should be a normal thing

Soldato
With all these overnight car tariffs. Is it at all possible to not only charge the car but use unneeded energy in the car batteries as a powerbank, that would significantly raise its utility and justify ownership to a lot more people
I'm going to be a bit disappointed if this possibility has never been considered. I guess its not easy as it requires management and extra wiring but imo should be a normal thing

It has been considered but very few cars support it currently, more are coming soon though.

Not keen on giving back to the grid but as I work at home I'd happily run the house from it in the day and charge at night on the cheaper rate.

I'm not fussed about electric cars but something like this would make one more appealing.

Soldato
I have a PHEV but I drive a lot and put around 160KWh in it per month. So almost 2000KWh per year. Real house usage is around 4400KWh, still high but I have a number of always on servers that I will start switching off a night soon if idle.
Thought so, I assume as my car usage is about 300kwh a month, essentially its doubling my electric usage:cry::eek:.

Soldato
Sacked off Netflix and Amazon Prime.
That'll also save me a lot of impulse purchases via Amazon.
And the TV will be on a lot less as there's not much worth watching on normal telly.
After the World Cup footy I'll sack of the TV License, and then there'll be nothing to watch so I may as well sell the TV.

I got a price rise email from Netflix yesterday, so seems the earlier comment about them staggering it was correct. Will probably keep Amazon prime but I like the idea of just temporarily signing up to Netflix to binge watch a show or two.

Man of Honour

But the increased use on the battery is going to degrade it earlier costing more in the longer run when it needs replacing - though may be more useful as a general thing if/when batteries with significantly higher cycle lifetime, etc. are readily available.

Soldato
I got a price rise email from Netflix yesterday, so seems the earlier comment about them staggering it was correct. Will probably keep Amazon prime but I like the idea of just temporarily signing up to Netflix to binge watch a show or two.
It seems Netflix are losing a lot of customers now, and I'm sure the other streaming services will take a big hit too.

Soldato
But the increased use on the battery is going to degrade it earlier costing more in the longer run when it needs replacing - though may be more useful as a general thing if/when batteries with significantly higher cycle lifetime, etc. are readily available.
Hoping this just happens seems to be part of the strategy. It's the only thing that will make decentralised storage go mass scale and support the ever increasing wind and solar roll out without buggering the grid up good and proper. In the mean time the big centralised energy providers and petro-chem industry will be piling into hydrogen as an alternative play for a centralised storage model. I can be fairly sure without bothering to check where the hair shirt brigade will stand on the matter.

Soldato
Not had mine yet, but as soon as it goes up from £5.99 I'll be ditching it, barely watch anything on there so any rises pushes it the wrong way for me.

Soldato
It seems Netflix are losing a lot of customers now, and I'm sure the other streaming services will take a big hit too.

Yeah hopefully they will step up their quality but honestly they have been talking about adding adverts in like Prime does and that already frustrates me enough with a premium paid service like Prime but I certainly wouldn't be willing for something like Netflix that is double the cost.

My new bill for £15.99 starts next month so that is where I will make sure it is cancelled.

Soldato

Vehicle 2 home and vehicle 2 grid, it's coming but it's going to be a while yet

Back
Top Bottom