This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Has anyone ever come across this before, we recently changed water suppliers (combined business & home supply) and we've just received a bill for £163 from the new company - which I thought was odd, since we've only just started with them from the 11th April. So checking out the bill, it's for our water usage from the 11th April 2022 - 10th June 2022...

So we're being billed in advance on estimated usage? :confused: Can't say I've ever had that before, even with the last company Wave, we were billed retrospectively.

Soldato
Can only imagine how much data those free VPN's are harvesting though. :eek:

Do you need to sign into netflix from the Turkish IP everytime you use it? Do you get the same content as UK netflix?
I dont use them myself (I use Nord), just saying that's an option. It's only required for the initial sign up.

Caporegime
Sounds like the end is nigh for this fragmented subscription services

So many people are going to go down to 1.
Sky must be on the chopping block for many.

Can't be much easier way to save cash than chopping subscriptions.

Netflix lost subscribers this period!

Soldato
Soldato
It's a problem of their own making, they cancelled loads of great shows that had a good following in order to focus on creating 1 - 2 season shows to draw new customers in, instead of trying to please existing customers.

With ridiculous price increases, and now the threat of stopping shared accounts, I can see Netflix getting absolutely ruined over this. I think they need to accept that at £16 a month people were happy to pay the premium as they could share.

To me it's basic decision, keep it at the current price and allow account sharing upto the limit, or reduce the base price and then add in the extra premium for sharing. Having it both ways is just them being greedy.

Caporegime
With ridiculous price increases, and now the threat of stopping shared accounts, I can see Netflix getting absolutely ruined over this. I think they need to accept that at £16 a month people were happy to pay the premium as they could share.

To me it's basic decision, keep it at the current price and allow account sharing upto the limit, or reduce the base price and then add in the extra premium for sharing. Having it both ways is just them being greedy.

I guess what's key is what's driving the decline.
Is it

-cost: they've reached the cap people will pay (at least with cost of living rising through the roof).
They are cracking down on "sharing". If they needed to do this they should have never let it happen. People use it now as a standard to justify the cost.
-lack of content: just not enough new shows.
-both

I'd pay more for a single video streaming service (ie disney+netflix+hbo). But I'll never pay for 2 at a time at current prices.

Maybe this will force consolidation in time. Unfortunately it's netflix who's got most to lose. Disney and amazon have other big revenue streams.

One area where I think monopoly isn't that bad a thing.

Back
Top Bottom