• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

This is what a scalper looks like..

Associate
I think what bothers me the most about scalpers isn't the scalping itself, it's how they genuinely believe it's actual business. At least people who nick packages or steal cars don't try to spin it around and make it look "good".

Caporegime
They’re not entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs take financial risks in their business plans, these people are not.

I mean they are taking risks, of course. They are buying and selling at a price someone wants to buy. It's hardly their fault the market allows them to do this.

V F

V F

Soldato
I wonder what happened to Sam to cause her to transition into a Giraffe? I also wonder where a 17 year old gets the money to buy hordes of consoles/graphics cards/etc via bots.

That's the rub for me. If people want to flip items for profit, good on them (no different to drop shippers IMO) - as long as the business pays the right amount of tax, which as you say they probably won't.

It wouldn't seem smart to go on the radio to talk about it in the first place. If HRMC didn't know about him and her, they sure do now.

Man of Honour
I wonder what happened to Sam to cause her to transition into a Giraffe? I also wonder where a 17 year old gets the money to buy hordes of consoles/graphics cards/etc via bots.
Can't imagine it's that hard to snowball, by her own admission it sounds like she's not out and about breaking lockdown rules so she's probably not spending much on clothes/gigs/drink/drugs etc, it's not like 17 year olds from non-poor families don't have any disposable income normally, they tend to all have flashy smartphones, consoles, laptops etc. So you get a PS5, flip it, buy another one, flip it, you now have enough to buy 2 PS5s etc etc.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

They’re not entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs take financial risks in their business plans, these people are not.
Not necessarily. In fact, I would argue successful entrepreneurs only take minor risks, certainly risks that can be well managed and accounted for.

Besides, buying consoles/gfx cards then trying to sell them for more is inherently risky - what if supply suddenly became much better before you manage to sell?

I stand by my earlier comment - they aren't depriving anyone of an essential commodity so good luck to 'em I say.

Associate
I think what bothers me the most about scalpers isn't the scalping itself, it's how they genuinely believe it's actual business. At least people who nick packages or steal cars don't try to spin it around and make it look "good".

The difference is she is not stealing them.

She is buying them and selling them for a higher price than she paid.

If people choose to buy at an inflated price that is thier perogative.

As people have said, if people refused to pay over RRP scalpers would soon go out of business.

Soldato
Well thanks Robi UK -

Easy now to spot them, a long neck!

to be a scalper you need some 'neck' and fair play to her for putting her head above the parapet made easy with that neck of hers! Bloomin' eck it's long!

and looking like there is a stick stuck up your backside. (2nd picture)

While others her age are - as she puts it - "out breaking lockdown rules", she's chatting on Discord, an app that has become popular with bot users, where she runs a business that's earning her over £2,000 a month.

and I bet none of it is taxed!

Soldato
I stand by my earlier comment - they aren't depriving anyone of an essential commodity so good luck to 'em I say.

They are using bots which have already been made illegal when it comes to buying another non-essential commodity (concert tickets), but the law simply hasn't caught up to stop bots being used to buy other products. There's nothing positive about what they're doing.

Associate
Wretched little freak.

Also, doubt she's declared any of it, just like every other scalper.

Hopefully the tax man will catch her in 20 years, let that compound interest build nice and big.

Associate
I read this earlier. It helped clarify where the problem lies. It's the use of bots. Otherwise, we'll be locking up every tradesman/distributor/retailer in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom