this is why amd will lose!!!!!!

Associate
OP
i know ive read some of the posts about conroe, but 13seconds is something to really marvel at, some people have said that there was gonna be a and fsb wall on them(like yonah) but fugger off xs has proven there may not be, its gonna be mad how fast he gets that chip to go, each day wr are broken

Soldato
wtf? :o a intel conroe chip? whats next the wheel? :rolleyes: jokes

in all seriousness yes conroe is set to dominate the computing market and i am one of the eager to get the chip

Soldato
turbotoaster said:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99892

read and weep, i love AMD over INTEL but im so gonna get this.

does super pi in half the time mine does it

His 'Daily Gamer' is something to die for. That setup would cost around £6,000 Im thinking...

No wonder hes set WR's galore with it.

Have to say though... Isnt this nice for 3D 01? :D Done by The Stilt and no doubt macci too :D

seen-the-terror.jpg

Soldato
Yup. As you say Tom, Intel was doomed when A64's arrived. Now Intel have the upper hand.

I have no doubt AMD will come out something special to get the crown back off Intel.

Just the same cycle all the time tbh...

Permabanned
Yea, and of course we are being thrown these figures... which means everyone on this forum is like OMG look at that and have to buy one, but the average joe will never see speeds like that.

Im not dissing it, just the average person on here, even the overclockers prob wont even need the power it provides.

Their a64's at 3ghz will cut the mustard just fine for a long while yet!

Tom

kdd

kdd

Soldato
welshtom said:
yea, conroe is nice, just as A64 was when it came out.

The world keeps on turning ya know..

Actually if you check the early a64 benches they weren't that far ahead of intel, only later on did the a64 pull away, y'know after you'd bought the 754 chip and board, then the new revision 754 board, then a 939 setup, then the new 939 chips etc etc. Conroe looks to be a true killer app like none seen before tbh. Original athlon wasn't that much faster than p3, original a64 wasn't that much faster than p4.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
welshtom said:
But what will the majority actually use that power for?

is it really needed. i think not
Lol since when has that deterred anybody???? Besides many newer games, oblivion being a fine example need all the cpu power you can throw at them.

Back
Top Bottom