this is why amd will lose!!!!!!

Associate
TBH I can't see the point in conroe. Games STILL don't take full advantage of the dual core CPU's so why would conroe be so much better (Unless its a single core as I've thought its a dual core :p )

Until programs and games start to use dual core to their full extent, most people won't be bothered with upgrading.

Soldato
NightmareXX said:
TBH I can't see the point in conroe. Games STILL don't take full advantage of the dual core CPU's so why would conroe be so much better (Unless its a single core as I've thought its a dual core :p )

Until programs and games start to use dual core to their full extent, most people won't be bothered with upgrading.

Because it is far faster per MHz regardless of how many cores are being used. It does superpi in less than half the time of my Pentium D (both at 3600mhz) making it much more efficient and highly clockable.

Soldato
wow, someone lives under a rock.

yes it is better, but i personaly use my computer for games/office/movie and music editing i dont live and die by super pi and 3d mark.

So unless there is some massive speed increase for those things its not worth anything.

Ill stick with my x2 @2.75 for games, rendering and office and my p-d at 4.8 for music/film editing & encoding. :)

Soldato
this is why amd will lose!!!!!!

Lose what? I hate it when people say stuff like that. AMD have something planned for 2007 to counter conroe - but until then it will be strange going back to intel for me.

Last intel chip I had was a celeron 400. Just shows you how good conroe is.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
locutus12 said:
thats EXACTLY what i was just comming in to say...

if you get any more excited youl be having wet day dreams.

Well this is a pc hardware enthusiasts forum so i think enthusiastic comments shouldn't be mocked tbh.

Btw intel>amd forever i reckon.

Soldato
welshtom said:
But what will the majority actually use that power for?

is it really needed. i think not

your just dumb to think that. here is everyone going on about cpu limitation in games. and this conroe will help to solve the cpu limitation problem to a certain extent.

you can NEVER have enough cpu power.

Permabanned
Cyber-Mav said:
your just dumb to think that. here is everyone going on about cpu limitation in games. and this conroe will help to solve the cpu limitation problem to a certain extent.

you can NEVER have enough cpu power.

Thanks for the personal insult

Im all for faster things, just i dont think they get used to their full potential on this forum. everyone just jumps on the bandwagon

Im all up for insane benches :) (check super pi and major overclockers threads ;))

Last edited:
Associate
I think I agree with Welshtom, I'm glad to see faster processors but Iam not sure how much faster it will actually make things overall since the limitations are usually outside the cpu.
They foresaw this at least a decade ago, having data in the cache is vital or massive cpu speed is a waste - obviously superpi doesnt touch on this problem at all.

If it werent for this problem Intel would happily have every device based in software relying just on the CPU to task and shift data everywhere. Maybe they still hope to achieve this with multiple/parallel processors

Back
Top Bottom