This isn't really a monitor issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Well it is sort of. I work for an acquiring bank and they've just upgraded everyone to two monitors. They have new Iiyama monitors one set to landscape and the other portrait. They did the same to the older HP monitors. Now the older monitors are fine with the viewing angle in landscape mode but in portrait the viewing angle is very limited. So unless you're sitting in just the right position you get a massive black line effect down the upright monitor. It didn't seem to happen with the newer monitors. Anyway the effect made me sick as a dog. Now I suffer from severe depression. Seeing a therapist and all that. I had to get up and drink a glass to sort out the nausea and I ended up just unplugging the power cable as the power button was locked out. On my way home my mood got lower and lower. I was actually staggering from the bus because I felt so bad. I've not experienced the feeling of sickness as bad as this even on the Vive. So has anyone got any idea how to overcome this feeling. Right now I can barely concentrate on anything. I know they'll not accept me not using two monitors even though I can in my job so I'm thinking of going to the doctors and getting a sick note to prevent me using two monitors.

Soldato
If it's really affecting you that badly, I suggest that you go and see a doctor and get proper medical advice. They should be able to advise you accordingly, and hopefully provide you with a note you can take to your HR representative who will hopefully put a plan in place to improve your situation.

Any commentary beyond the above is progressing to medical advice, so i'm going to have to close this thread i'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom