• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

This must be knackered!

Associate
I returned my 5 week old MSI 6950 TF3 to Overclockers as it was running too hot.
They initially said the temps were 'normal' but sent to MSI after I insisted that MSI said it was too hot and they would accept the RMA.

A replacement card arrived today with scratches to the top and bottom of the heatsink shroud, the heatsink was movable on the board and the display is corrupt - see screen grab.

I have cleared out drivers reinstalled new versions and even tried with another copy of Windows, but as soon as the driver switched from a std VGA to the ATI driver the screen corrupts.

I've tried another PCI-E slot etc. ,but this must be faulty - what do you think?

Also do I try to get it replaced via OC or direct to MSI as I hate the RMA procedure / potential costs via OC and don't want another fixed/knackered card.

ati_2_Capture.JPG

Associate
This is pretty poor service tbh, surely it can't be that hard to give the replacements a thorough testing before they are sent out. I'd have expected a brand new replacement for something that is only a matter of weeks old.

I'd be stating that you are dissatisfied with the service you have received thus far, and would like the card to be replaced with a brand new unit, so you can actually use what you paid for in the first place.

Associate
This is pretty poor service tbh, surely it can't be that hard to give the replacements a thorough testing before they are sent out. I'd have expected a brand new replacement for something that is only a matter of weeks old.

I'd be stating that you are dissatisfied with the service you have received thus far, and would like the card to be replaced with a brand new unit, so you can actually use what you paid for in the first place.

1+

Associate
OP

That's just what I've said to MSI. their support bod was very helpful via email, but the monkeys who attacked the card in the workshop let them down.

Associate
OP
Result!

The very nice man at MSi has apologised and is sending me a brand new replacement card and paying for return postage - and its a R6970 Lightning!!!

I think I have found the supplier for my Z68 Mobo.

Soldato
Result!

The very nice man at MSi has apologised and is sending me a brand new replacement card and paying for return postage - and its a R6970 Lightning!!!

I think I have found the supplier for my Z68 Mobo.
Glad to hear you get a free upgrade for your trouble and stress! ;) It's like MSI give you £100 as early x'mas present!

I bet you are glad that your TFIII 6950 (as well as the replacement 6950) had a problem now lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom