This sound like a good spec?

Soldato
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming Laptop

Z50-70 20354 Model

in Very Good Condition (few minor marks on top cover nothing major)

Product Description & Full Specifications:

15.6 inch 16:9 widescreen LCD FULL HD Display (1920x1080)

4th Gen. Intel Core™ i7-4510U Processor (2.0GHz up to 3.1GHz)

Intel Turbo Boost Technology

Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

Intel HD Graphics +

NVIDIA® Geforce 840M Graphics (4GB Dedicated, 8GB Total Memory)

8GB DDR3 Memory Ram

1TB + 8GB SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive)

DVD-RW drive

Bluetooth® 4.0

WiFi & Lan

1 x USB 3.0

2 x USB 2.0

Audio Combo Jack

HDMI-out

2-in-1 (SD / MMC) card reader

HD 720p camera (1M pixel)

Stereo speakers with Dolby® Home Theater®

Conexant SmartAudio HD

I copied that lot from a gum ad, mean it's up for £380, but I am toying with the idea of swapping my pc for a decent comparable to an extent laptop or maybe sell it and go from there. I don't game much on my pc due to console, but I wouldn't feel right replacing my computer with a basic laptop, so would want something decent.

I find using a laptop to be a quicker process for doing things than booting up my desktop, only reason for this idea.

Associate
From what you're saying, you'd be better off upgrading your desktop with an SSD drive and having your Operating System on there as the boot drive for £150 (or less if you stay 256gb or under). Boot time would be much quicker and you get £230 to spend on your console games!

Soldato
OP
Thanks for reply, sadly I am not in a position to buy anything like an ssd, not after getting graphic card etc which is why I'm looking to sell, so I had some money ha, but it's not so much the booting of windows, I meant it as the faff of having my computer setup somewhere which since moving has limited my options and despite changing to my viglen full height gpu, small psu case still isn't the best where as with a laptop I can have it anywhere or tucked away.

I had an old APU laptop(E300/hd6130 or something) end of December and was good for the month I own it, but I sold it to game on my pc as I was selling my Xbox, but nobody was able to buy it before I moved lol at which point I found no reason to bother re-advertising, so as above I keep looking at laptops all the time for something to use when I reach limitations on my iPad, but selling the desktop to fund it I would want a more gaming oriented than just your average joe, Though I do want a PS4 so maybe I will get a decent laptop lol, I only want to be able to run ark, stranded deep, possibly farming simulator 17 again and maybe RB6S if I'm bothered as far as the gaming aspect anything else I'd bother playing won't really be demanding(and require me to bother paying origin again for certain ones).

So to conclude, was your reply to mean the laptop is okay, but not so much for the money which could be spent on improving my desktop? Or is it actually a good spec regardless off that particular price?

Associate
Associate
I've been keeping an eye out for similar although I'm now going to see if extra ram and an ssd can elongate the life of my laptop for a while. I was looking for laptops with various quality graphics cards, including 860m graphics cards, and recently a couple of those went for £360ish on the bay, had decent ram and ssd installed too. As far as I can tell it's not too far off a 960m laptop which go for £600+ (although admittedly better other specs). I'm no expert at all but I guess suffice to say you should be able to get better than that for the price. And if you can wait, it should dip to £350ish again for an 860m soon enough (which I presume is a step up on both the 840m and 765m).

Obviously hope we're not competing for one of them in the near future!

Back
Top Bottom