this watercooling setup

Associate
alphacool 120 mm Complete water cooling includes:

- NexXxoS XP cooler Universal (with all mountings)
- Alphacool SNB all-copper cooler for GFX-card
- Alphacool SNB all-copper cooler for MB
- All mountings for ATI, NVIDIA, chip sets
- Eheim 600 Station
- 3m PUR hose 6/8mm
- NexXxoS Xtreme I radiator
- 120mm fan
- Water additive Tec-Protect Clear
- Connections
- Heat-conductive paste
- Drilling jig and edge protection

allin with p&p 100quid is it worth it would it give me much different i currently have stock coolers on everything (gfx,cpu,chipset)

Man of Honour
Most people on here would say that it's not worth getting budget watercooling. Anything around the £100 or less probably won't get you significant gains over much cheaper high end air cooling. If you want to watercool then I'd say look at the Swiftech H20 Apex Ultra or Ultra+ kit.

Man of Honour
the alphacool stuff is ok but its nothing spectacular, look at the above kit said, swiftech ultra. and if you know much about watercooling already then you could look into a top end custom kit.

Soldato
Just remember probably the most important parts of the loop - the pump and the radiator. Everything else can suffer at the expense of these really as they can make such a big difference.

Associate
Everything you have there is pretty decent (bar the pump and rad).

I would suggest maybe try change the tubing to 10/8 (to get more flow) and pick up a Laing DCC/MCP350 with acrylic top (its a damns good pump, tiny and quiet). The nexxosradiators are not too great, but are decent value for money. If you can source a cheap XSPC rad it should be a decent alternative (that doesnt cost as much as a thermochill or Black Ice rad), but if not then i would go for a dual radiator to allow for a bit of future proofing/allow to run 2 rans at a lower setting. You may also want to pair it up with a swftech radbox (so you can mount it externally) if you havent got space inside your case,

To save on costs you might want to scrap the motherboard northbridge cooler - most NBs are ok with with the Zalan passive cooler and decent case airflow.

If you decide to look into these changes, compare it with the low end swiftech kits available and see which of the 2 are cheaper :).

Back
Top Bottom