Thomas Cook

Associate
It does'nt look good - I suspect the axe will fall this weekend or monday at the latest. I really hope people who have booked with them can get the money back, but it's worth also remembering that 20,000 people are about to lose their jobs. Something it seems to me the Press have forgotten with all the dramatic stories of people stuck abroad.

Caporegime
Package hols which include a flight are ATOL-protected
Package holidays that include a flight are covered by the Air Travel Organiser's Licence (ATOL) scheme. This is the case whether you booked direct with Thomas Cook or via an agent. Look for the ATOL protection sticker (shown right) .You should have received an ATOL certificate when booking (Thomas Cook says if you booked direct with it, it will be on the final page of your booking documents):

ATOL protection means that if Thomas Cook were to stop trading:

• If you hadn't started your trip when it stopped trading, you'd get a full refund (or in some cases a replacement holiday instead).

• If you were already on holiday when it stopped trading, you'd be able to finish your trip and return home.
It's worth noting that if you booked with a gift card and your holiday is ATOL-protected so you're due a refund, it would be paid in cash.

Soldato
OP
Yep, i'm in a big predicament, I have flights booked through them for 4 weeks time to Florida, fortunately my lazy ass hasnt booked anything else yet so either need them to either go bust now or they get rescued with reassurance they will be operating for the next 2 months minimum :D

Associate
Yep, i'm in a big predicament, I have flights booked through them for 4 weeks time to Florida, fortunately my lazy ass hasnt booked anything else yet so either need them to either go bust now or they get rescued with reassurance they will be operating for the next 2 months minimum :D

You're going to know in the next two days.

Caporegime
I’m currently in Ios, Greece having booked - and paid a little more - to go via Tui rather than Thomas Cook, whilst I hadn’t realised at the time things were as dire as they now seem for TC, I’m glad something in the back of my mind made me rethink my initial plan of going with TC.

Shame, a long standing business of good repute, brought down by it appears events relatively beyond their control.

I hope there’s some 11th hour rescue plan but I doubt it tbh.

Man of Honour
Sounds like they had a plan sorted and the banks changed their mind at last minute so they have to source £200 million out of nowhere, yikes. Sucks.

Back
Top Bottom