Those about to die - Prime

I did see it. It wanted to see what it was like first. Hopefully it be something Spartacus.

Last edited:
Bit hammy acting wise in that 1st episode, stuff just happens and there is no subtleness or atmosphere being generated to really make me care about any of the events or characters so far.

Will see how episode 2 is.

Example: Guy tries to rescue his sisters from being slaves right in front of the guards like an idiot. How was that ever going to work? if they could just up and walk off!

Last edited:
Just watch the spartacus series and it's spin off(s)

The CGI is kinda bad but the show was good

Wow 14 years old already

Watched the first episode.

Likewise not impressed. Very poor and hammy acting, other than from the well known names.

Also, a lot of the sets and green screens/backgrounds feel very fake.

The main title theme music was incredibly generic and uninspired too.

Writing and script seems like trash too...

Last edited:
Nah it's not worth it unless you really, really need more Roman era TV in your life.

Spartacus is a lot more entertaining and Rome is a much better drama show than this, if you've not seen either they're more worth your time than this show.

Didn't think episode 2 improved it much to be honest, so I'm dropping it here.

The title combined with the release date... definitely trying to cash in on the Gladiator 2 crowd

I'll give this a miss.

I take back my earlier, rather scathing criticism.

It's not THAT bad. It has sort of grown on me from ep.3 onwards. There are a few vaguely interesting characters.

I still find the sets/CGI to be very poor and jarring. A lot of it just looks so fake. The lion is abysmal for this day and age. Barely looks better than what youd get in a PS5 game.

It's not got on anything on early game of thrones/Spartacus blood and sand/Rome.

Feels like it has a lot of missed potential, and I wonder if they should have spent the vast sums of money they no doubt have to Hopkins on other areas.

Last edited:
Thought I'd check it out as I've not really touched Amazon Video (Prime content) since they introduced ads, 18 second starting ad, got 10 minutes in and 1 minute 44 seconds of ads and still showing 2 more ad breaks on the timeline... LOL... seemed interesting, if the CGI was pretty ropey, but I quit out at that point.

EDIT: Reloaded to get a screenshot - 1:20 of ads this time:

QCmpab1.png

When you really don't want people to watch your content...

Last edited:
I take back my earlier, rather scathing criticism.

It's not THAT bad. It has sort of grown on me from ep.3 onwards. There are a few vaguely interesting characters.

I still find the sets/CGI to be very poor and jarring. A lot of it just looks so fake. The lion is abysmal for this day and age. Barely looks better than what youd get in a PS5 game.

It's not got on anything on early game of thrones/Spartacus blood and sand/Rome.

Feels like it has a lot of missed potential, and I wonder if they should have spent the vast sums of money they no doubt have to Hopkins on other areas.

I have been enjoying it. Think a lot of the expectations is Spartacus or Rome. This is its own story. Definitely not as good but still enjoyable enough.

I have been enjoying it. Think a lot of the expectations is Spartacus or Rome. This is its own story. Definitely not as good but still enjoyable enough.

Yes I'm into it now. It's not on the level of better shows like those mentioned, but it's watchable.

Back
Top Bottom