Thoughts on the Peugeot 107

Permabanned
ew 107.

I think peugeot have lost the plot with the 107 and 207, only last night top gear were slating the 207. What they say is the law.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
johnson said:
ew 107.

I think peugeot have lost the plot with the 107 and 207, only last night top gear were slating the 207. What they say is the law.

I don't care how better these new Peugeots don't fall apart, its no excuse for making a car look like a moble nose! They are disgustingly ugly!

I love the look of my 206, even though its not the best built car on the road it sure looks nice. It's pretty fun and nippy to drive round these back roads too. Light and chuckable.

I like the new 407 Coupé for its looks but the rest of the 07 pugs can drive themselves off a pier plz.

Soldato
Richdog said:
Can you honestly say that you don't give a rats arse about the fun factor of a car,
can you honestly say that it's impossible for anyone to answer "yes" to that question?
if not then who are you, or i for that matter, to assume the OP isn't one of these people.
for some people, buying new is the right choice.many of the members* in here constantly state that buying new is for fools, yet if everyone took their advice (which apparently is NOT compulsory) the cars they pick up for a song simply wouldn't exist in any kind of quantity or at current price levels.
a 5 series BMW for example is a good car, in fact better than that it's a great car.they depreciate like a stone allowing any one of us to buy an expensive, well made car at a knock down price.however if no-one bought new models they wouldn't be produced in similar numbers and the fewer examples would hold their value much better....catch 22.
so clearly for some drivers it is the right thing to do, some want that "new car" feeling, others want the piece of mind that buying new with a full warranty gives them...etc etc the list goes on.
what may be small beans to us may be a big deal to them and who are we to belittle anyone elses reasons for buying a particular car?
now i personally wouldn't buy a 107 and i'm sure you feel the same way, but you can take any current production car and there will be people for whom it fits their needs better than any other, so it's not so hard to grasp that the OP and a 107 may indeed be a match made in heaven.
as i said previously, it's his choice, his money and if that's what he wants to do then fair play to the guy.
constructive criticism is good...making him aware of any inhereant faults/problems is good...offering possible alternatives, again, is good.
what irks me, and not even necessarily in this thread, is seeing members* almost verbally steamroller over the selection of the OP and thrust THEIR idea of the prefect car.
i swear, the way this place is going we'll have some nugget suggesting a 3 series to an OP that's clearly stated he has 6 kids.

*disclaimer, use of the word "members" does in no way shape or form refer to [TW]Fox...other members are available.

Soldato
John_V85 said:
I wouldn't let that hold you back mate. It doesn't seem to stop other people posting in depth comments/criticism!

nah i dont want to jump on the "i saw a picture of one on the inernet and its awful to drive" bandwagon ;)

stoofa - great post :) i know my 206 isnt the best car ever but i really like it, its fun to drive (i find it fun anyway, and thats all that matters imo), quick enough for me and its taken me and mates to alton towers, bournmouth etc without skipping a beat :)

i do agree with the reviews on the 207 though, a great looking car but bad engines

still think the 206 is cooler :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom