Thoughts on these two laptops..

Man of Honour
I've been asked by a friend living in Slovakia to help look for a laptop for work. She has been recommended these two and I thought who better to ask than my old chums on Overclockers! :D

ACER ASPIRE 5 i5-8265U 800€
HP ProBook 450 G5 i5-8250U 740€

In her own word she said she wants a "good reliable laptop, quick,lots of storage."
Not too much to ask is it?!

Budget up to 1000€

Thanks all.

Soldato
For reliability I'd say HP are better than Acer although neither are perfect. Both of the above are power reduced quads which aren't too bad. Ideally for speed though, get something with an SSD.

Was trying to find a good webstore based in Slovakia to try and find some recommendations but even the common sites like Dell weren't playing all that nice haha

The other downside being we can't recommend other shops here so can only give you models to look into. I did see some MSI models that seemed to fit all the requirements, unfortunately I believe they're US imports.

Edit: forgot Caseking! As they're affiliated with OCUK I'm guessing its OK to link them (if not apologies!)

This would be ideal
https://www.caseking.de/en/asus-fx504gd-dm929t-39-62-cm-15-6-zoll-gaming-notebook-nbas-129.html

Much better spec overall, lower battery life yes, but much more powerful and should last her a long time. With the SSD for programmes and the 1TB HDD for storage, that should be plenty of space for any average user also :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom