• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Thoughts please :)

Soldato
Hello!

I've cobbled together a PC for my dad as his laptop has died and although essentially will be for browsing / email and some light photochopping he does enjoy some FPS gaming - he has BF2, COD4, COD WAW, COD MW2 etc.

The PC is:

Mobo : Asus P5B
CPU : E6600 (@3.0Ghz)
RAM : 2 GB DDR2 (another 2 incoming from MM)
GPU : Gainward 7800GTX
PSU : OCZ Steathstream 500W
Case : Thermaltake Tsunaml Wave

It's all up and running with the games play OK on
Low / medium settings with sone tweaking, the question is would it it be worth upgrading to a better (second hand / older gen) graphics card to be able to run s bit better settings without being bottlenecked by the CPU?

Not looking to spend more than £20 / £30 but was wondering on people's thoughts on best budget bang for buck in this rig?

Cheers :D

Soldato
I ran a 8800GT and GTS model for 2 years and they were great cards, they gave me good frame rates before I rebuilt my rig from an old athlon 7750 dual core to athlon x4 3ghz quad.

I had it running on my quad before i got my current 5770 and it did really well.

my partner runs a 9800GT with her pentium dual core and she plays MW3 on full settings!

Back
Top Bottom