Threadripper Workstation motherboard lots of PCIE

Associate
Appart from the asus prime is there a real workstation motherboard for Threadripper?

For a workstatioin board i mean with multiple PCIE x16 not just the graphics ones. I am looking to build a workkstation with threadripper, however options are very limited. It seems the PCIE x16 on threadripper cant be split into 2 x 8, is this the case?

I am looking at something which takes the below as a minimum and all require at least an x4 slot.
Raid card, SAS expander, 2 x graphics (1 for display, 1 deep learning), 10gb networking, 2x poe lan cards.

I know its not a usual build but there are intel board which can take all of these cards.

Thanks for any replies / ideas

Soldato
Appart from the asus prime is there a real workstation motherboard for Threadripper?

For a workstatioin board i mean with multiple PCIE x16 not just the graphics ones. I am looking to build a workkstation with threadripper, however options are very limited. It seems the PCIE x16 on threadripper cant be split into 2 x 8, is this the case?

I am looking at something which takes the below as a minimum and all require at least an x4 slot.
Raid card, SAS expander, 2 x graphics (1 for display, 1 deep learning), 10gb networking, 2x poe lan cards.

I know its not a usual build but there are intel board which can take all of these cards.

Thanks for any replies / ideas

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ket-tr4-ddr4-e-atx-motherboard-mb-575-gi.html

covers yourself for 10gbw network integrated + 2 standard lan ports

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X399-AORUS-XTREME-rev-10#kf

Associate
OP
Thanks for that i dont remeber looking at that in my secrch :), if only it had a couple of PCIE x4 slots it would be perfect. I was hoping someone like supermicro would do one but to no avail.

Soldato
Thanks for that i dont remeber looking at that in my secrch :), if only it had a couple of PCIE x4 slots it would be perfect. I was hoping someone like supermicro would do one but to no avail.

just place x4 card in x16 slot- makes no difference

i place x4 nvme PCIe adapters in my x470 boards second x16 (8x) slot

Associate
OP
I do currently have my sas and sas expander in x16 slots but its just the number of electrically x4+ slots. Its a shame as you can get the X299 OC Formula from asrock for x299 i was hoping for similar on threadripper.

Soldato
I do currently have my sas and sas expander in x16 slots but its just the number of electrically x4+ slots. Its a shame as you can get the X299 OC Formula from asrock for x299 i was hoping for similar on threadripper.

Depends on how they are fired up to be honest , slots like those are being phased out more and more i think, using x16 slots more versatile etc Even newly laughed X299 Meg and Aorus Xtreme no longer feature x4 or x1 slots

i believe with thread ripper they are all wired directly to CPU and not chipsets which most are

Soldato
The MSI MEG Creation board comes with an M.2 expander card that goes into a PCI-Ex16 and supports four M.2 PCI-Ex4 SSDs. Combined with the three already on the board that makes seven.

I think it also has dual Ethernet ports (neither 10Gb/s) from memory, but I would double-check that.

Soldato
The MSI MEG Creation board comes with an M.2 expander card that goes into a PCI-Ex16 and supports four M.2 PCI-Ex4 SSDs. Combined with the three already on the board that makes seven.

I think it also has dual Ethernet ports (neither 10Gb/s) from memory, but I would double-check that.

Just normal dual 1Gb/s :(

Back
Top Bottom